Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Over heating only with AC on

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Car is 05 crown Vic, not 32v, and a tune can change when fan comes on temp wise
    and yes , its a 05 crown vic

Update

Ok so drove to harbor freight and bought a radiator pressure test kit. Got home and went at it. Gave it 16psi of pressure and pressure started dropping. I then herd drips. Found that the clamp on the lower radiator hose where it connects to the oil filter adaptor wasnt making enough force to keep the hose tight. Replaced the clamp.

Tested the system again and gave it 16psi. Didnt give it much time just maybe 2 mins and didnt see no drop. Put the cap back on and went for an hour drive. Got home and went to remove the reservoir cap and no god damn pressure. Tested the pressure with the test kit and this time left it hooked up for 15 mins. Gave it 17psi and 15 mins later lost 3psi. Couldnt find no leak no where.

So now what?

Just want to inform that i have resolved my issue. Bought all new heavy duty blue silicon hoses for a p71. Also bought all new clamps. Purchased a new reservoir and cap and a brand new oem motorcraft fan and motorcraft waterpump, just in case. Also installed my stock oem water pump pulley and crank pulley. Took my steedas of. System now holds pressure and no over heating. Ac is even colder.

Want to thank all for your inputs and time. Greatly appriciate the web site.
    Last edited by crownvic05; 07-20-2019 at 03:46 PM.

I wonder will that be the solution for my Marauder Iím having the same exact problem after putting a new block in my car it starts overheating with the ac on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update guys, so i fixed the issue with the system not holding pressure. Thats great. Seems like the over heating with ac on is still happenning. Today temp was up in the 101 feeling 110. In heavy stop and go traffic, car started getting hot. Plugged in my sct to data log the coolant temp. Hit the 103 celcius which is 217 f. Had to shut off and temp started dropping. I beleive that the issue might be the ac compressor. It has a none stop ticking noise. Might be failing causing overload. Ive read that its possible.

Back to step one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information