Thread: PCM repair options?

PCM repair options?

Hello:

I sent my PCM out for repair ($399) to carcomputerexchange in Cary, NC...lots of good reviews on google , and bad ones on yelp ()...they said "about a week" to repair and retest. If not repairable I get my money back --ordered it June 23rd...they had "5 in stock" per webpage...didn't have one for my car, had to send mine in, that was June 26th...

Ace in the hole is --I bought a salvage 2003 PCM unit with matching key and ignition lock cylinder used ...

---Apparently 2003 needs a 2003 unit
    ---Ford cannot get them anymore, none in stock anywhere
    ---FLAPS don't carry them or the rebuilt ones, or Cardone units...

Any one with any good/bad experiences to share?

2003 and 2004 pcms are the same just need to have the correct calibration loaded on the pcm

dont need the key or lock cylinder since marauders have type e pats system so all 03 marauders have identical encryption code and all 04s another (can easily be changed in tune)

your best option is to get a moates quarterhorse from www.moates.net
    go to efidynotuning.com and download the free custom tuning software for the marauders (RZASA) for the 03-04 ford sedans
    you can download all the stock calibrations and even a base tune on the downloads page there as well

simply put the pdn0 calibration on your ecu and off you go

Great info Decipha! Question: if I can calibrate any pcm, can I use a CV or MGM PCM? Or is it still Marauder specific? I admit I don't know jack **** about pcm and tuning,I'm more of a mechanical guy.

To get this thing running then, I can just plug the used 2003 PCM into the connector and fire it up. So what if the car reports a different VIN when I hook up the OBDII scanner?

Other thing is the 2004 pcm is 1/2 the price of the 2003.

I replied in your other thread with more details regarding the crown vic and marquis and town car ecu's

Most marauders do not have the vin number saved in the ecu at least none of the ones that I've come across so no worries. Its not a big deal though unless required for emissions. It can be changed though by writing the ecu over the obd2 port.

You can get an 04 marauder ecu and write an 03 calibration to it no problem.

Thread Information