Thread: Marauder PCM details

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marauder PCM details

Hello,

passing along what I have been reading thus far: for all present and future MM owners:

Control unit part number 3W3A-12A650-AC -this is a general Ford catalog number for the Marauder PCM...12A650 is a Ford PCM ---general classification--3W3A pertains to MM's, and AC is the version.

Control unit catchwordFDH2 - this is the instructions ( software)program on how to run the engine, tuners would want to know this

Hardware typeMPC-178 -not sure but relates to the part number. it is a sub code within that part number

All 2003 PCM's will swap into 2003 MM's, all 2004 PCM's will swap into 2004 MM's BUT!

The PCM is looking for the correct ignition key, so need to either have the original key or, get the key that fits your ignition lock matched/ recognized by the new PCM (dealer or tuner can do this)

or...".dont need the key or lock cylinder since marauders have type e pats system so all 03 marauders have identical encryption code "

I've got one 2003PCM on the way with no keys and one with keys. First I'm trying the no key...see if any key really does work

Then I can always swap in the other one with the matched key. These are MPC 198's. Will they work in place of my original MPC 178? I'll test that out in the process. Stay tuned should be here in two weeks...

Edits and corrections are welcome here!
    Last edited by Agent2006; 07-06-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Thread Information