Thread: anyone ever buy this?

anyone ever buy this?

You can buy the regulator with motor from Napa, Autozone, Advance auto parts for $79 or less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

you can buy a replacement motor from autozone for $50 and it comes with a free replacement lifetime warranty

btw, Earlier this week I replaced my rear passenger door motor with one for the rear driver door. The motor installed inverted so I had to move the bundle of cables above where the motor mounted originally and moved them down for the incorrect driver side motor to mount there correctly. All works perfectly with no issues. Reason why I choose to use the new motor I had instead of replacing it was simply because it was a genuine ford OEM replacement that was given to me and me being who I am decided I was going to make it work. I had to release the pins on the motor connector and swap the pins around so the motor functioned up and down correctly but otherwise it was a direct swap out bolt in / bolt out.

Also, when I removed the original seized up motor the cable came undone. I looked all over the net and couldn't find any guide to re-spooling the cable as everything I read said it needed the regulator replaced. I gave it all a good look over and figured out how to do it. Simply put the window all the way up and verify the top cable is on the roller and the top cable is clipped in to the upper mount. Unhook the lower cable from the bottom mount and pull it out as much as you can to make it easier to spool. I put all 3 wraps on the spool for the top cable and 2 wraps for the lower cable so all 5 slots on the spool are used. I then pushed the regulator back keeping tension on the bottom cable and fed it back in to its lower mount which then pulled all the slack out the regulator and it was good as new. I ran the window up and down a couple hundred times after I put it all back together just to verify no issues. Hadn't had a problem yet.

so the regulator is sold separate?

Rock auto, $20.79 and yes the reg is separate $13.81. I bought two of each. I figured: Once that cable unwinds you are done. Got the new regulator. Works great.

Thread Information