Thread: Miami Beach Marauder

Miami Beach Marauder

Just wanted to introduce myself. I had the luck of buying a 03MM for 9k with 79k miles.
    Car has every receipt since mile 0. Previous owner purchased the car when he retired from Ford in 2004.
    Car came with the leather jacket and everything. Pretty proud to say I had a 98 CrownVic in 2003, wishing it looked like a marauder.

hello to everybody

Welcome! nice score, that's a Marauder with plenty left on it.

Ive loved that car for so long. It fell on my lap about a month ago and i am extremely happy. So far i placed the yellow bulb fog light replacements (non led) on the bottom. What a pain in the ass even finding them. They look amazing and i highly recommend it. I replaced my corner yellows, ordered LED's on ebay, suprised i got the correct ones.. and to be honest, it didn't look right having a new style grey rectangle stick coming out instead of the classic looking yellow bulb. I also upgraded the headlights with LED white bulbs. Ive been following the guy on instagram that adds and mods halos to the headlights and thinking about grabbing a set. Wanted to see what everybody thought.

Future Mods:
    A question i have is for all the Marauders that are supercharged. My Marauder came with a supercharger that the original owner purchased and never put on. It came off a lightning. How has the experience been with some of the members placing superchargers? After the tune, whats the MPG more or less.

Upgrading all the lights to LEDS,
    I added a Knightrider red stripe and although everybody around me thinks it looks dorkish. Sometimes i leave it on at the gas station and i get 2 or 3 guys giving the thumbs up..and thats in Miami, where we got Lambos everywhere.

Im also trying to decide what Mufflers to go with!
    I see the flowmasters, i like the magnaflows.. i like them all.
    I just want mufflers that arent going to wake my neighbors when i take off to the fire station at 6am.

Only issue the car has started happening today actually. I got my windshield wipers going off on their own which thanks to this forum i was able to find out that its either the motor or the mechanism stick , cant remember the name. Found one place here in miami that has it , $85 with a firefighter discount.
    I got a guy out here in West Palm Beach thats willing to paint the car , he comes highly recommended and says he'll paint the whole car for $900. I know i know, you get what you pay for. Im thinking about sticking around and helping him do my car for a couple of days.

ill be posting pics soon!

Tried posting pics and it gave me some weird invalid message. ill figure it out.

peace!

Wipers starting by themselves is usually do to debris filling up where the wiper motor sits causing water to not drain do wiper motor sits in water. Remove cowl and check, if found full of debris chances are wiper motor needs replaced, it may dry out, but might be corroded inside. I would check that before replacing the multifunction switch.

Also, don't believe the lightning supercharger is readily compatible to fit under stock hood. Also, there is more to it than just placing a blower on top. Needs intercooler, maf, fuel pump, electric connections, injectors, heat exchanger, pulleys, brackets to relocate alt. Etc. I don't recall which blower lightnings used as they had different mod motors. Supercharging will lower mpg by 2-10 mpg.. cause your foot will want to mash the pedal more.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Welcome, Post pics of the Supercharger as well. If it is off a Lightning you won't be able to use it, but you never know he may have mis-identified it. If you want idea's for mods look at ADTR.net.
    2003 Mercury Marauder- Stock with 223k miles.

2000 Crown Victoria P73. Deep Wedge Wood Blue.
    SW longtube headers and high flow cats, magnaflow mufflers, 3.55 gears w/track lock, 70mm Aviator TB, PnP factory plenum, ADTR intake tube, 87 octaine tune by MO. Bilstein HD shocks, Mecto Rear control arms w/ watts link, Addco custom order 1.5 inch front sway bar (38mm), 1.25 inch rear bar 31.75mm (only 11 made).

Welcome to the site, there's a couple of guys down here in the Dade/Broward/Palm Beach area that know their stuff. Post some pics when you have a chance, nice catch!

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Welcome to the family! Enjoy your ride is rule #1!!! It's a great car and you need to know how it drives and what you like/dislike before modding. Modding is quite the addiction (As I'm awaiting a supercharger install as we speak!) and since I'm on my second car, I have my regrets on my first iteration...MY regrets, not others. Patience and lots of reading is key to avoiding regrets. Godspeed!
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

Blog Entries
    Welcome too the site, We have a weekly meet is davie every week when its not raining. If it rain we meet for dinner. I always post either or . You always welcome to join us any time.

Welcome and Congratulations!!!

Thanks for the invite! I'll make the drive up would love to meet everybody! Whens the next meet?

Thread Information