Thread: HELP!! With Crown Vic P71 Interceptor Questions!!

HELP!! With Crown Vic P71 Interceptor Questions!!

I have tried everything possible to find out what is legal in the state of Pennsylvania to have on my interceptor that relates to police items but I can't locate an actual written law or list of what is or isn't allowed. Obviously a huge "Police" decal on the door want allowed but what about smaller decals, lights, push bars, etc?? If anyone has any info; or can point me at any good sites, it'd be much appreciated!!
    thanks,
    Anthony Buck

You can have anything but red or blue lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is not the correct website for this question however as someone in the legal profession for years, I will help you. The law is open to interpretation by police officers, prosecuting attorneys and judges. Police officers, prosecuting attorneys and judges can be lenient or they can be strict. They tend to be very strict when it comes to civilians impersonating law enforcement. Essentially, anything you have on a vehicle which would cause a reasonable person to believe you are a law enforcement officer when you are not, is prohibited. So red and blue lights, the letters spelling "p-o-l-i-c-e", official decals or labels (or unofficial decals or labels which look official), or anything else on a vehicle which looks official and may be misinterpreted to be law enforcement is prohibited. You are opening yourself up to tickets, large fines, arrest and your vehicle being impounded. You have to understand, in many jurisdictions there have been criminals that have outfitted their personal vehicle with police equipment and harmed and even murdered other civilians by impersonating a law enforcement officer. Do yourself a favor, don't spend your money on things you don't need and which can cause you all kinds of expensive legal trouble. Instead, spend your money on engine upgrades and tires and enjoy your vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    This is not the correct website for this question however as someone in the legal profession for years, I will help you. The law is open to interpretation by police officers, prosecuting attorneys and judges. Police officers, prosecuting attorneys and judges can be lenient or they can be strict. They tend to be very strict when it comes to civilians impersonating law enforcement. Essentially, anything you have on a vehicle which would cause a reasonable person to believe you are a law enforcement officer when you are not, is prohibited. So red and blue lights, the letters spelling "p-o-l-i-c-e", official decals or labels (or unofficial decals or labels which look official), or anything else on a vehicle which looks official and may be misinterpreted to be law enforcement is prohibited. You are opening yourself up to tickets, large fines, arrest and your vehicle being impounded. You have to understand, in many jurisdictions there have been criminals that have outfitted their personal vehicle with police equipment and harmed and even murdered other civilians by impersonating a law enforcement officer. Do yourself a favor, don't spend your money on things you don't need and which can cause you all kinds of expensive legal trouble. Instead, spend your money on engine upgrades and tires and enjoy your vehicle.
    Great post and I 100% agree.
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

Not to Pi$$ on your parade, but I never understood the 'Wannabe a Cop' thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

I never understood it either.

Why? You think it "looks" cool?

Given the current climate of how people hate the police, I would have to suggest not doing it at all, unless, you like having a target on yourself.....

People love firemen, just a thought, you probably won’t get grief looking like a fire chief...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Thinking we're being trolled so I pulled these off of the web.

Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

If you have to ask this question, you're already crossing the line.
    I know it's tempting, but please don't go out of your way to make any Panther car more cop-like.

(former P71 owner)

R.I.P. SC Cheesehead. You were a good man and I am honored to have known you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post

What he said......l
    2004 MM (Black) #112 of 3213 (SOLD)

2022 Ford Ff-150 SuperCab Iconic Silver "Powerboost"
    3.35 L 4X4
    -AND-
    SLAYER1
    formerly owned by "Impala Slayer!! 2004 SB MM
    Kenne Belle 2.8 (Liquid Cooled), MMR "Boss 302" Block, L&M Engines rebuild Kooks Headers and cats, Accusump Pre-Oiler Dynamax VT mufflers, MBS 2 1/2" exhaust, 4.10's, 2800 stall, Argento 312 "Color" Powder coated wheels, Rears widened 1 1/2 "703
    702 RWHP/653 RWTQ @ 21 Lbs. Boost, M/M catch can, 3 pillar gauge (Boost, Fuel, air intake and coolant temp, custom console cover, S-55 treatment etc...

If you buy a p71 I don't think you are required to remove the factory installed label that says police interceptor. Comments?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.

The little police interceptor label isn't going to cause any trouble. Lights, striping, and so on arent the wisest thing to run on the road plus you aren't fooling anyone. Cops know their own, when I was on the job we had a few guys around town that thought they were slick with their retired Vics and one guy even had the D.A.R.E. plate on it but we all knew he wasn't LE. We talk, we see things and tell each other so if you are attempting to blend I promise its like the guy who wears camouflage in public, you stick out more!

Also, most major agencies are phasing out or have phased out the Vic so unless you live in a more economically deprived area you are just going to look like the guy that bought a retired Vic. If your local smokies are still running Vics then it's probably a smaller area and those guys all know who is and who isn't so again, you aren't fooling anyone.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
    Former Owner: Joe Walsh

2015 Mustang GT PP
    Guard Metallic Exterior

2018 F-150 King Ranch
    2WD, 3.5 EcoBeast

Thread Information