Thread: 2003 Black Mercury Marauder

2003 Black Mercury Marauder

Gilroy, CA. $4900

Selling my 2003 Mercury Marauder. Thought I'd posted it here, but I don't see it anymore...so here it is again.

2003 Mercury Marauder.

Car was purchased from original owner with 1500mi on it. It now has 253K and has been a wonderful car for me for quite some time.

The car has not been altered, except that the transmission has had a full high performance rebuild with transgo shift kit from Dales Transmission in San Jose and the torque converter has been upgraded to the superior 2004 model. This was done long ago; back at around 20K miles because it decided to fail one day cruising to work. It has been flawless since. That, and it has an upgrade OEM Audiophile stereo with CD changer.

Oil has been religiously changed at 3-4K miles since new. Transmission fluid every 30K, and filter every 60K. Plugs every 60K. It runs like it did new, only shifts better.

Brakes should be good for another 50K; they were done not long ago. Tires are a year old.

It has never been hit hard. I had a lady roll into the back bumper about 5 years ago at a light at less than 1mph, and I managed to clip my own vehicle in the driveway and bumped the passengers rear wheel well area. Someone rubbed the front corners of the car at some point in a parking lot. That’s the worst the car has ever seen. The rest is from the sun, rock chips, or inconsiderate humans in parking lots.

Everything works, except the tach is intermittent. I have hesitated to take the dash apart to fix the connection issue, but that’s likely what it is. If you tap the trip meter reset, the tach comes back and works. I’m sure it can be easily fixed.

The headlight control recall has been done, if you’re aware of that. This car has the upgraded control module already.

I don’t really want to sell the car, but a recent promotion provides a car allowance that I cannot take advantage of without buying a new car and I don’t want to let it sit. I wouldn’t hesitate to drive this car across country; it’s been fantastic to own.

Pictures are here: https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...jHTYK24pRyDkqA

I can be reached here, or by calling 408-230-7763

I know its a bit low but I can offer you $3,000 for it.

Is the car still for sale?
    I might be interested, what has been done to the car? Has the lighting control module recall been done? Have only motorcraft oil filters been used?

Is it still for sale?
    If so has the cooling mod been done? Has the lighting control module recall been done? Have only Motorcraft oil filters been used? Does the A/C work and everything is functional?

Thread Information