Thread: POP went the air bag...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

POP went the air bag...

Was at a stop in a left turn lane, went to go and heard a POP, then dragging. Pulled off and looked under, one is flat, one is leaning towards the front of the car! Anyone had a bag burst like that before? These bags are less than six years old! Anyone have the make and model of those heavy duty limo bags handy? I'm going that route this time!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Looks like the Arnott limo bags are A-2220, is that right? Anyone have experience with using these? Some things I've read suggest these are too stiff for comfort.

See member 1Marauder, he used those bags on a CV sport
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Also ford still sells the bags.
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Quote Originally Posted by jaywish View Post
    Also ford still sells the bags.
    Yeah but they're Soooo expensive and IDK if they're any better/more durable.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden2816 View Post
    Yeah but they're Soooo expensive and IDK if they're any better/more durable.

You could always do the poverty coil conversion using junkyard P71 coils

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    You could always do the poverty coil conversion using junkyard P71 coils
    Never! Much like the AC in this car, over the last 7-8 years I've owned it, I've put too much time/money into the system to give up on it now lol.

I had went with the Ford OEMs. Car air pump rarely comes on since they seem to hold air real good now. Cheapest new I could find them was an obscure seller on Amazon. Maybe someone found a better price elsewhere online. But there sure were some insane prices for them on some other sites.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Both Arnott and Suncore are quality replacements... and I believe they're guaranteed for ever...
    Suncore was a little bit less costly, as I recall from last winter's experience...
    Regards,
    Gene

2004 Grandma Marquis LS HPP ( With "MZT" and "SCT ": "The Undercover Marauder")

2004 Ford Ranger Duratec Flareside

1984 Ford Mustang LX Convertible

Thread Information