Thread: Great Drive

Great Drive

So our family travel vehicle is a 2015 Crew Cab F150 FX4 ecoboost with plenty of space for the 5 of us. The truck is also the daily driver, for the most part because of work/family needs. The middle son is on a travel baseball team, so the truck is out for that. This past weekend, the oldest boy wanted to go to a chess tournament about 200 miles from the house and we decided to take the Marauder. We put well over 440 miles on her this weekend - more miles in two days than it has seen in the entire last month! We finally turned 97K miles - young by many of your standards, and long in the tooth by others.

The things I noted:
    Forgot how smooth it is on the highway.
    Better than 20 mpg at 80+mph with the AC on full blast and cruising in 95 degree plus weather for most of the trip. This also included a couple of spirited runs to 'freeway speeds' and a couple of 'passing opportunities'.
    People still move out of your way when you come up behind them.
    Even though she is dirty, she still got compliments from a couple of folks at the hotel and eating establishments.

Things I missed, well not really.
    The back up camera and in dash navigation. Neither will ever be put in the Marauder under my ownership as I can turn my head around and my phone has navigation.

Just sharing, cause it was sure nice to get the Marauder out and just run her down the highway.

Anthony
    Previous
    2003 DPB 232 fo 328.

I still drive my Marauder daily. Me and my brother often take it to various ghost town sites (Bodie state park, Calico, Shasta, etc.), various Spanish Missions, old Forts (Fort Tejon, Fort Ross, etc.) and mining historical sites (Kennedy Mine, Empire Mine State park, black diamond mines, etc.). Just took it to Volcano California not long ago and stayed in one of their historic hotels. But I think I'll make that my last longer trip with it. Just keep it local and for work now. Seeing as it is still having that intermittent not starting issue and now has 185,000 miles. Will rent a car from now on for my road trips.

Don't really ever get any comments anymore.

As far as backup camera, I got the entirely wireless one at Walmart and Costco. Type S I think is the brand. Works well. Also bought a cheap dash cam for when someone might run into me. Still rocking my Garmin and love taking it from different verhicle to vehicle (modern cars have too many expensive gadgets).
    Last edited by 88LTDCV351; 08-19-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Thread Information