Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big 3 Upgrade battery terminals

Big 3 Upgrade battery terminals

What’s everyone using and what’s the best place to purchase them? I purchased the cables a few years ago. Now I want to do this. I just need the proper terminals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 Black/Light Flint MM, PROCHARGER D1SC#30, 4.10 GEARS, REAR COOLING MOD, ZACK BIG BRAKE KIT, 3500 STALL, WIDENED REAR WHEELS.

1993 MUSTANG LX HATCH, 347 STROKER, 3.73 GEARS, TUBULAR K MEMBER, TKO 3550 TRANNY, AEROSPACE DUAL PISTON BREAKS.

Which terminals?
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Which terminals?
    The hardware needed to connect the cables to the battery posts

2003 Black/Light Flint MM, PROCHARGER D1SC#30, 4.10 GEARS, REAR COOLING MOD, ZACK BIG BRAKE KIT, 3500 STALL, WIDENED REAR WHEELS.

1993 MUSTANG LX HATCH, 347 STROKER, 3.73 GEARS, TUBULAR K MEMBER, TKO 3550 TRANNY, AEROSPACE DUAL PISTON BREAKS.

Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Any terminals will do just make sure they're pure copper not coated
    Last edited by M91; 08-29-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Nice. Exactly what I needed. Ordering now

Do you all run a positive wire to the fuse panel in the engine bay as well? I’ll have a starter wire, alternator wire, and my amp in the trunk.

There will be 3 wires going to the stud on the engine bay fuse / relay box.

Battery to fuse / relay box

Fuse / relay box to alternator

Fuse / relay box to starter

You also might want to think about a fusible link(s) or fuse in the wire from the fuse / relay box to alternator.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    There will be 3 wires going to the stud on the engine bay fuse / relay box.

Battery to fuse / relay box

Fuse / relay box to alternator

Fuse / relay box to starter

You also might want to think about a fusible link(s) or fuse in the wire from the fuse / relay box to alternator.
    What size do you recommend? I can do that

I found all the wires coming off the fuse box to be not so tidy. Plus with having it mounted facing the core support and only an inch or so gap, there simply wasn’t any room on that stud.

I chose to mount a distribution block down low behind the headlight (where a stock battery would sit). I ran the battery wire to that then branched off from there to the fuse box, trunk feed to the trunk distribution block (amps and fuel pumps), starter, and Alt. I over fused with one on the battery cable pre distribution block, one going off to the Alt, and a third going off to the trunk. 200 amp IIRC for the first two, and I think 100 towards trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I would be very careful with the battery junction fuse box when loosening the nut. There’s 2 buss bars that are inside the fuse box. My top buss bar broke right off. I had no choice but to solder. I bought a Crown Vic pi 2009 fuse box and opened the inside to do some more research.
    This is not easy job removing those buss bars off the fuse box. I got 1 off but it’s not the top buss bar I needed. The top looks like hell to remove and prolly won’t be removable without damaging the box. Here’s some pics of what it looks like. The circle in red is also where the black piece broke off. I’ve been feeling like crap since it happened a month ago. I haven’t noticed no power loss or voltage issues. Nothing has been acting up. Put about 700 miles and it’s been a month.
    I just know if i have to replace the whole fuse box that’s gonna be hell and back dealing with all those wires. I’m scared

300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Webasto Aftermarket Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints
    Fresh Black Paint & PVD Chrome

Stainless Works Headers & Full Cat Mandrel Exhaust System w/Magnaflow 11229 Mufflers, Martyo Tune & Coolant Mod, Steeda UDP, Stewart WP, JLT CAI & Catch Can, J-Mod, UHaul Pan, Rebuild 4R70W, Dynotech 4' 6061, Forced Lube Mod, 31 Ford Spline Axles, 31 Cobra Carrier w/CF Clutchs, Ford Racing 4.10, TA Girdle & Stud Kit, Carfixer Alignment & SPC Camber Bolts, Ridetech HQ Front Coilovers w/ADTR extended bracket & ADTR Rear HQ Shocks, Arnott P2936 A/C & A-2220 Bags, Gorilla Lock, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Tires, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link, Addco F/R Sway Bars, SS Brake Lines, AutoMeter Digital Oil & Volt Gauge, Full VLED Interior/Exterior, Alpine ILX-507, PKG-M780 Headrest Monitors, MRP-F300, R-S65C.2 & R-S68 Speakers, HCE-C1100 & KTX-C10LP Camera System, Viper DS4 & DSM550 GPS SmartStart System, Yellow Optima, BIG III & 200 Amps Alt

Terminals and grounds

Positive running toward distribution block

Distribution block
    fuse box out at 9 o’clock
    Trunk harness out at 11 o’clock
    Alt out at 12 o’clock
    Starter out at 3 o’clock
    Main positive in at 6 o’clock

Alt wire

Alt wire continued

Added a 200 amp Alt with this wiring and this car has never had this much juice since I bought it in ‘04!

I can actually listen to music with two amps with the A/C on at night running all lights while driving twin fuel pumps and a hurricane sounding aftermarket radiator fan. Not too mention turning the two additional blower cog pulleys and two manual tensioners.

And who would have thought the Marauder lights were more than glorified coach candle lights?? They are actually BRIGHT now!

Last edited by justbob; 08-31-2019 at 06:16 AM.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Hey Bob I’m not sure but where is the ground running to in the circle I highlighted in red ? It should be runnin to your engine block ground. Everything looks good. Also on the fuse to alternator it’s recommended 250 amp fuse but 200 is safe.

Last edited by Chi Stallion; 08-31-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Webasto Aftermarket Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints
    Fresh Black Paint & PVD Chrome

Stainless Works Headers & Full Cat Mandrel Exhaust System w/Magnaflow 11229 Mufflers, Martyo Tune & Coolant Mod, Steeda UDP, Stewart WP, JLT CAI & Catch Can, J-Mod, UHaul Pan, Rebuild 4R70W, Dynotech 4' 6061, Forced Lube Mod, 31 Ford Spline Axles, 31 Cobra Carrier w/CF Clutchs, Ford Racing 4.10, TA Girdle & Stud Kit, Carfixer Alignment & SPC Camber Bolts, Ridetech HQ Front Coilovers w/ADTR extended bracket & ADTR Rear HQ Shocks, Arnott P2936 A/C & A-2220 Bags, Gorilla Lock, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Tires, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link, Addco F/R Sway Bars, SS Brake Lines, AutoMeter Digital Oil & Volt Gauge, Full VLED Interior/Exterior, Alpine ILX-507, PKG-M780 Headrest Monitors, MRP-F300, R-S65C.2 & R-S68 Speakers, HCE-C1100 & KTX-C10LP Camera System, Viper DS4 & DSM550 GPS SmartStart System, Yellow Optima, BIG III & 200 Amps Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Chi Stallion View Post
    Hey Bob I’m not sure but where is the ground running to in the circle I highlighted in red ? It should be runnin to your engine block ground. Everything looks good. Also on the fuse to alternator it’s recommended 250 amp fuse but 200 is safe.

Engine block. Forgot to mention I also upsized the block to firewall ground with the same size as well.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Engine block. Forgot to mention I also upsized the block to firewall ground with the same size as well.

How much room between the terminals and that hold down Bob? Looks like a chance for some nastiness if your not paying attention.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information