Thread: Protecting the Windshield

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Protecting the Windshield

I just had to have the windshield replaced and I am looking for the best recommendation on any product that may protect the windshield from any minor scratches or tiny chips from daily driving. I use Invisible Glass to clean it, but I am looking specifically for any product that can add a layer of protection without negatively impacting the clarity of the windshield. I was thinking of the Meguiar's Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax which some professional detailers use on the side windows, but I don't know if they use it on the windshield. I am hesitant to use just anything and then have the windshield get cloudy or have some other issue. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you in advance.

This is what I was thinking:

https://www.amazon.com/MEGUIARS-D156...71445692&psc=1

I learned with rock chips nothing can stop it but 3m film protection. I plan on doing my front bumper cover with it when it gets resprayed.
    300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Webasto Aftermarket Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints
    Fresh Black Paint & PVD Chrome

Stainless Works Headers & Full Cat Mandrel Exhaust System w/Magnaflow 11229 Mufflers, Martyo Tune & Coolant Mod, Steeda UDP, Stewart WP, JLT CAI & Catch Can, J-Mod, UHaul Pan, Rebuild 4R70W, Dynotech 4' 6061, Forced Lube Mod, 31 Ford Spline Axles, 31 Cobra Carrier w/CF Clutchs, Ford Racing 4.10, TA Girdle & Stud Kit, Carfixer Alignment & SPC Camber Bolts, Ridetech HQ Front Coilovers w/ADTR extended bracket & ADTR Rear HQ Shocks, Arnott P2936 A/C & A-2220 Bags, Gorilla Lock, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Tires, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link, Addco F/R Sway Bars, SS Brake Lines, AutoMeter Digital Oil & Volt Gauge, Full VLED Interior/Exterior, Alpine ILX-507, PKG-M780 Headrest Monitors, MRP-F300, R-S65C.2 & R-S68 Speakers, HCE-C1100 & KTX-C10LP Camera System, Viper DS4 & DSM550 GPS SmartStart System, Yellow Optima, BIG III & 200 Amps Alt

Getting a NASCAR windshield with "Tear Offs" is about the only way......State Inspections ought to be fun too!!
    No Marauder

Buy good glass..Carlite... chain places use cheaper glass..There are no products that will minimize chips, sand blast effect other than don't drive it. Don't turn wipers on dry..It's $250 to replace with Carlite when needed..pocket change in the cost of an auto mobile
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Thread Information