Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Moody's downgraded Ford's credit rating to speculative or "junk" status..."

Blog Entries

"Moody's downgraded Ford's credit rating to speculative or "junk" status..."

New York (AFP) - Moody's downgraded Ford's credit rating to speculative or "junk" status on Monday, citing the company's weak financial outlook as it embarks on an ambitious restructuring.

Characterizing the auto giant's current overhaul as "unprecedentedly large and challenging," the ratings agency slashed Ford's debt to the non-investment-grade "Ba1" -- saying prospects for its cash flow and profit margins through the 2020-2021 period were poor.

Ford's performance has eroded "during a period in which global automotive conditions have been fairly healthy," Moody's said.

"Ford now faces the challenges of addressing these operational problems as demand in major markets is softening and as the auto industry is contending with an unprecedented pace of change relating to vehicle electrification, autonomous driving, ride sharing and increasingly burdensome emission regulations."

However, Ford "does have a sound balance sheet and liquidity position from which to operate," said Moody's senior vice president Bruce Clark.

The US automaker faces operational inefficiencies in all key regional markets, as well as a much-diminished outlook in China, which has seen profits sink from more than $1 billion in 2016 to a major loss, according to Moody's.

Ford has made progress in lowering costs in China but the outlook is still uncertain because of an "increasingly competitive" auto market and the country's weaker near-term growth rates, Moody's said.

Considerably better is the outlook in North America, where revamps of the lucrative F-series pickup trucks should boost operating projects.

Moody's said the company's alliance with Volkswagen held promise but that it will have only "minimal impact" on Ford's earnings and cash flow before 2022.

Shares of Ford fell 2.9 percent to $9.27 in after-hours trading.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

I don't pretend to understand any of this stuff. Can't help but wonder if this stuff is more 'political' rather than 'financial'(?). Ford seems to be doing better than any of the domestic automakers and most international auto makers for that matter. According to the 'experts'(?), POTUS eats babies for breakfast and has a life sized wax figure of Adolf in the West Wing....
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Myeh.....FORD still makes some of the best cars in the world.
    Moody's should concentrate on rating Honda and Toyota products as "JUNK" status.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Blog Entries
    "Historical daily share price chart and data for Ford Motor since 1972 adjusted for splits. The latest closing stock price for Ford Motor as of September 10, 2019 is 9.42.
    The all-time high Ford Motor stock closing price was 42.45 on May 03, 1999.
    The Ford Motor 52-week high stock price is 10.56, which is 12.1% above the current share price.
    The Ford Motor 52-week low stock price is 7.41, which is 21.3% below the current share price.
    The average Ford Motor stock price for the last 52 weeks is 9.23.".
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Quote Originally Posted by sailsmen View Post
    "Historical daily share price chart and data for Ford Motor since 1972 adjusted for splits. The latest closing stock price for Ford Motor as of September 10, 2019 is 9.42.
    The all-time high Ford Motor stock closing price was 42.45 on May 03, 1999.
    The Ford Motor 52-week high stock price is 10.56, which is 12.1% above the current share price.
    The Ford Motor 52-week low stock price is 7.41, which is 21.3% below the current share price.
    The average Ford Motor stock price for the last 52 weeks is 9.23.".

Thinking it may be a good time to buy Ford stock.....
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    Myeh.....FORD still makes some of the best cars in the world.
    In the past, not now. If it wasn't for the trucks (which are pathetic compared to past IMHO) and the Mustang (which went downhill when they went from all American to trying to compete with Euro-trash beginning with IRS) they'd be out of business. Elena completely trashed the company.

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12
    CME HP Rear Control Arms & Watts Link 7/1/12
    ______________________________ ________________

Rex "SC Cheesehead" Weinbender 11-14-13
    Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum 8-6-2014

JMO: Hedge fund crooks driving down the stock so they can buy . Nothing to see here. Where's the SEC in all of this?

Joe let's be real. First off Ford will stop building cars (except for the Mustang) here in the US. Second the cars they are selling, were selling are outdated. They built a newer Taurus for the Chinese market but left our's the same for 10 years. Toyota still makes some of the highest quality, best selling cars out there. I'm not a big fan of Toyota but they seem to find away to bring to market what people want. Ford on the other hand will make what they want and hope people buy it. Case in point, not everyone wants a truck or SUV but Ford feels like everyones wants one. I will say the one one to watch for is Hyundia. They have a deverse product line with Hyundia, KIA and Genesis. I mean you can a cool KIA Turbo Soul or a luxurious Genesis G90. Also they have the industry leading 10yr- 100,000 mile warranty. This why my next car will probably be a KIA Stinger. Sorry Ford but you deserve this rating. And remember Joe, I work in the industry and a UAW member but I can see the mismanagement at Ford.
    2004 Silver Birch; Sold in 2009
    Trilogy #73, 410's, K&N Air Intake, Widen Rear Wheels, Flowmaster 50 Series, Balanced Driveshaft
    415 RWHP, 436 RWTQ; Best time 12.9
    Kenwood Audio, Signal Mirrors, GodsHead Badges on front and back

That high was before a stock split. A lot of guys I worked with lost money back then and had to defer their retirements because of that.
    Trilogy #73, 410's, K&N Air Intake, Widen Rear Wheels, Flowmaster 50 Series, Balanced Driveshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslim1 View Post
    Joe let's be real. First off Ford will stop building cars (except for the Mustang) here in the US. Second the cars they are selling, were selling are outdated. They built a newer Taurus for the Chinese market but left our's the same for 10 years. Toyota still makes some of the highest quality, best selling cars out there. I'm not a big fan of Toyota but they seem to find away to bring to market what people want. Ford on the other hand will make what they want and hope people buy it. Case in point, not everyone wants a truck or SUV but Ford feels like everyones wants one.
    What is your opinion of Ford's domestic competition? Perhaps our domestic automakers are pre positioning themselves for the widely anticipated worldwide economic downturn?
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Funny you asked that. GM is also taking a "SUV is the next big thing" lead too. It is also killing many of it's car line. Chrysler has not introduced a new car in many, many, many, many, many, did I say many? I meant to say a whole lot of years. They too are concentrating on making more SUVs and trucks. They claim that they are more profitable then cars when actually it is known that making trucks and SUVs cost the same as car to produce. They just mark up the prices on SUVs and trucks because they know people will pay more for them. I myself would rather have some of the cool wagons that they make over in Europe. the Mazda 6 wagon, the Mondeo (Fusion) wagon as well as some others that are aren't offered here. To me there is no such thing as a "Performance SUV". One last thing about FCA (Chrysler). They are in the worst place right now. Fiat has no clue what to do with this company. They tried product sharing with the 200 and Dart and it was a disaster. Fiat feels that all they need is the Jeep and RAM line to survive. If gas prices ever go back up there is going to be a world of hurt in the domestic auto industry.

Bank of America Merrill Lynch has a surprisingly optimistic outlook for the domestic automakers, especially Ford, as of June, 2019.

https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/bus...ts/1421777001/

Ford Motor Co. also is well-positioned with recent launches of the Ranger, Escape and Explorer, and the F-150 and Bronco still to come, Murphy said.

"They have really a massive, full schedule of very, very profitable vehicles," he said. "Depending on how Ford manages its product and pricing, it could potentially be a $2 billion-plus profit stream. So Ford is really hitting stride with the right products at the right time."

Although Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV was an early leader in embracing trucks and crossovers, its replacement rate is below average and so is General Motors Co.'s. GM, however, has announced new crossovers in recent years and most recently its new pickups.

"If you fast-forward to two or four years out, GM's product cadence will pick back up," Murphy said. "This is really a matter of timing for GM, so don't think there is any sort of significant or scary shift that GM might bring. There's a lot of big, positive things coming for them launching."
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslim1 View Post
    Joe let's be real. First off Ford will stop building cars (except for the Mustang) here in the US. Second the cars they are selling, were selling are outdated. They built a newer Taurus for the Chinese market but left our's the same for 10 years.
    Toyota still makes some of the highest quality, best selling cars out there.
    I'm not a big fan of Toyota but they seem to find away to bring to market what people want.

Ford on the other hand will make what they want and hope people buy it. Case in point, not everyone wants a truck or SUV but Ford feels like everyones wants one. I will say the one one to watch for is Hyundia. They have a deverse product line with Hyundia, KIA and Genesis. I mean you can a cool KIA Turbo Soul or a luxurious Genesis G90. Also they have the industry leading 10yr- 100,000 mile warranty. This why my next car will probably be a KIA Stinger. Sorry Ford but you deserve this rating. And remember Joe, I work in the industry and a UAW member but I can see the mismanagement at Ford.
    Actually you are right....I should have said FORD makes some of the best vehicles and I shouldn't have said that Honda and Toyota make JUNK.
    They make the best, blandest, road going appliances that continuosly clog our roads and highways.
    What I hate about them is that both manufacturers seem to attract these countless, mindless, clueless twits who continually buy these road going appliances.
    The owners (obviously they are NOT drivers) don't enjoy piloting a vehicle on the road, and don't seem to care about doing it in a safe, considerate, and legal manner!
    They just want something to get them to their kid's soccer practice....it doesn't need to be fun, stylish, sporty, fast...etc.
    My problem is that I have to get around and past all these friggin' wandering Terdyotas and Hondas!
    I rely on my FORD TTV6 Fusion Sport to make them small in my rearview mirror.
    I will stick with FORD products...never owned, nor will I ever own a Toyota/Honda....not because of how they are made....but because of their vast majority of owners.
    I don't want to be thought of as one of them!
    Last edited by Joe Walsh; 09-12-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

And once again Ford had a engine (2.7 Twin Turbo) in the Fusion in need of a car worthy of it (an up dated Fusion). The Fusion Is another car that has lived past it's years. People want new and fresh, not old and warmed over.

Toyota sux. JMO

google "unintended acceleration camry" , "melted Dashboard Camry", "oil burning engine Camry", "rusted frame 4 runner" , "rusted frame Tacoma".....you will see a pile of class action lawsuits which Toyota fights tooth/nail.

I have a 2005 Toyota Camry - smooth low powered engine, quiet ---it's not a 100% bad car, but like many Japanese cars it is very very hard to work on. Uncomfortable seats. Everything you can touch or grab inside, handles and switches heavy chrome,leather, every thing under the hood or inside the dash, the cheapest styrofoam, plastics, thin metal clips possible.

Maybe because the panther was a fleet car, but Ford puts some effort into making the cars serviceable. And when there's a problem Ford tries to make it right.

my 1990 CVPI - had an intake manifold leak - TSB out there, Ford fixed it 6 years later as a USED car.
    my 2010 Milan - LED tailights, I replaced them on my own, Ford reimbursed me as a USED car. $512 check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information