Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modern Home Security Systems

Know the area pretty well......my first house was in now vaporized "Forest Pawtuckett"!!

I lived their a couple years then off to what seems like NEWARK, NJ NOW......Cornelius area of Lake Norman.....Torrence Chapel Road.......it was PARADISE in the early 70's.......DISASTROUS now!!

If it were me.......I'd find a nice place to live.......RENT ONLY and hope the house sells in time!! Sounds like your local renters are a mishmash of "Bottom Dwellers"??
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    Know the area pretty well......my first house was in now vaporized "Forest Pawtuckett"!!

I lived their a couple years then off to what seems like NEWARK, NJ NOW......Cornelius area of Lake Norman.....Torrence Chapel Road.......it was PARADISE in the early 70's.......DISASTROUS now!!

If it were me.......I'd find a nice place to live.......RENT ONLY and hope the house sells in time!! Sounds like your local renters are a mishmash of "Bottom Dwellers"??
    Pawtuckett Country Club is long gone. Pawtuckett Elementary School isn't even listed under 'local area schools' anymore despite still being open. It's some type of 'Academy' for those who have learning-behavioral disorders. The shopping area at Little Rock and Freedom Drive has all but shut down. A Dollar General and a laundromat full of Mexicans are the dominant businesses there now. Former strip club just north of the railroad viaduct on Freedom Drive is now a Biker's Bar at the moment, but it seems to change hands every other year. Todd Park is well known for 'Tank Town' (pipeline companies), railroad switching yard, Duke Energy Maintenance Yard, FedEx facility (just doubled in size). Union Carbide closed their substantial plant years ago but plenty of light and medium industrial developments remain. No unemployment here unless one just doesn't want to work. Maybe the cheapest decent housing in Charlotte too. Before WWII, Toddville was largely farmland, a much smaller railroad switching yard, housing scattered here and there, a couple of general stores and its own post office. Even its own trolley stop. Progress.....
    Last edited by Invective; 09-27-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Still haven't answered the question.

Why no dog?

2003 Marauder... the gentleman's hot rod.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Still haven't answered the question.

Why no dog?

I don't want the responsibility-upkeep. I enjoy my daughter's dogs (5) whenever I visit with her. A male beagle, female Boston Terrier, female lab mix, male boxer mix and a male Mastiff mix. I'm typically 'dogged out' after I visit with her and family. Three of my neighbors have dogs - two mostly stay in the house while one mostly runs loose. We also have coyotes. Can hear them every night but I've never seen one in person. My front porch-yard cameras caught one coming up on my porch while I was away in South Carolina earlier this year.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

As I see it you have two problems.

1 - Wifi security system s can be jammed or hacked. Invest in a wired system.
    Can ADT be hacked?
    "Yes, security systems can be hacked into just like computers. A burglar can hack into your security system, deactivate the alarm, enter your house and get away with the goods without leaving a trace. According to an article published by Forbes, video surveillance systems and DVRs are vulnerable to hacks."

2 - Invest in a high security / pickproof lock(s).

https://securitysnobs.com/LA-BiLock-...adbolt_Z4.html
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Claymores...
    Last edited by RubberCtyRauder; 10-08-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    As I see it you have two problems.

1 - Wifi security system s can be jammed or hacked. Invest in a wired system.
    Can ADT be hacked?
    "Yes, security systems can be hacked into just like computers. A burglar can hack into your security system, deactivate the alarm, enter your house and get away with the goods without leaving a trace. According to an article published by Forbes, video surveillance systems and DVRs are vulnerable to hacks."

2 - Invest in a high security / pickproof lock(s).

https://securitysnobs.com/LA-BiLock-...adbolt_Z4.html
    I will address no. 1 as no. 2 has already been addressed with a set of Kwikset Security Locks/Door Knobs.

ADT's Pulse System (wifi/wireless) has been obsolete for some time, even though they continue to push it, even today, whenever one phones ADT for service. Pulse was replaced earlier this year by the Command Control System that is still wifi/wireless but uses far more secure algorithms than Pulse, according the the most recent visit by an ADT tech. Command Control components are fully incompatible with Pulse components as a result. Pulse is a 3G system, meaning it will no longer function during 2022 when 3G is 'sunsetted'.

The current 'ideal system' IMO would be a IP - NVR camera system with the ADT Command Control interface; similar to what Chi Stallion showed us. ADT is quoting $7,500 for what is arguably $1,750 in equipment retail price anywhere else. To add insult to injury, I phoned ADT/Defenders 'Loyality Department' in recent weeks seeking a solution to my predicament, or give me a 'buy out price' to get out of the remainder of the contract. Woman stated they would do a 'full upgrade' for $116.80, meaning Command Control upgrade but hoping for the IP/NVR upgrade as it's what we primarily discussed.

ADT tech shows up with a Command Control control unit and looks at me, stating 'you have to upgrade the entire system for this to work'. Well, I already knew about the incompatibility, so I asked him "aren't you here to upgrade my system?" No, it was a game to goad me into authorizing the full upgrade on my dime. He couldn't give me a price and I would have to phone back the 'Loyality' department for that. I sent the ADT tech on his way, phoned ADT/Defenders and was quoted multiple prices of between $2,300 and $3,700 for the full Command Control upgrade - keep in mind my present system is only 16 months old and still have the balance of a 3 year contract.

What a crock. I've decided to just keep my present system operable until the contract ends, even though its next to useless. Also, I'm notifying as many people as possible not to fall into the same trap i'm in at the moment. Waiting to see what comes along 'offer wise'.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    I will address no. 1 as no. 2 has already been addressed with a set of Kwikset Security Locks/Door Knobs.

From what I can tell the Kwikset Security Locks only let you rekey your locks..... no real increase in security. As I noted this is what your should be looking at: https://securitysnobs.com/LA-BiLock-...adbolt_Z4.html

ADT's Pulse System (wifi/wireless) has been obsolete for some time, even though they continue to push it, even today, whenever one phones ADT for service. Pulse was replaced earlier this year by the Command Control System that is still wifi/wireless but uses far more secure algorithms than Pulse, according the the most recent visit by an ADT tech. Command Control components are fully incompatible with Pulse components as a result. Pulse is a 3G system, meaning it will no longer function during 2022 when 3G is 'sunsetted'.

The current 'ideal system' IMO would be a IP - NVR camera system with the ADT Command Control interface; similar to what Chi Stallion showed us. ADT is quoting $7,500 for what is arguably $1,750 in equipment retail price anywhere else. To add insult to injury, I phoned ADT/Defenders 'Loyality Department' in recent weeks seeking a solution to my predicament, or give me a 'buy out price' to get out of the remainder of the contract. Woman stated they would do a 'full upgrade' for $116.80, meaning Command Control upgrade but hoping for the IP/NVR upgrade as it's what we primarily discussed.

ADT tech shows up with a Command Control control unit and looks at me, stating 'you have to upgrade the entire system for this to work'. Well, I already knew about the incompatibility, so I asked him "aren't you here to upgrade my system?" No, it was a game to goad me into authorizing the full upgrade on my dime. He couldn't give me a price and I would have to phone back the 'Loyality' department for that. I sent the ADT tech on his way, phoned ADT/Defenders and was quoted multiple prices of between $2,300 and $3,700 for the full Command Control upgrade - keep in mind my present system is only 16 months old and still have the balance of a 3 year contract.

What a crock. I've decided to just keep my present system operable until the contract ends, even though its next to useless. Also, I'm notifying as many people as possible not to fall into the same trap i'm in at the moment. Waiting to see what comes along 'offer wise'.
    See above.....
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    This worked well back in the day......since you have time.....sit on your porch and SEND A MESSAGE!!
    Kinda old school but I dig it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information