Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought an 04 marauder

Just bought an 04 marauder

I just bought an 04 silver birch with grey flint interior sight unseen I’m quite a bit nervous

I found it on Craigslist in San Antonio Texas and I’m in Michigan.

The guy is an older man in his 60’s. Said it’s his wife’s car and their the original owners. I ran a carfax and it confirmed they are the only owners and it’s been registered every years since buying it back in 04.

The carfax has 23 service records and never involved in an accident

It has 76k original miles which seams to be legitimate

No rust being a Texas car but there are some scratches and one small dent on the passengers rear quarter panel

The pictures he sent me are poor quality but he’s sent me a few. Said he has a metro phone. Not sure which kind, maybe an older one with a not so good camera

I posted in a different thread that I can’t access this site with my iPhone for the last few months so I downloaded Tapatalk and I was trying to post pics but it says the files are too large. Any other way? My photo bucket account says I’ve exceeded my mb or something like that

The car has been paid for and in the process of being transported. I don’t want to say how much I paid just yet. I want to get some pics up and get opinions of what you guys would pay.

This will be my second silver birch 04 with grey interior but my last one had heated seats and a moonroof bought from a member her although i had originally found his listing on Craigslist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MotorCity; 09-20-2019 at 11:17 AM.

It'll be fine! Who cares about the pix, you'll be able to climb all over/under it soon enough....

Congrats! A few scratches on a 15 year old car should be expected unless it was listed as mint condition. Sounds like you are getting a good car. Just do the normal stuff you would do when buying a used car, oil change etc.

Looks to be a large scratch along the rear and drivers door. I think he said someone keyed it

Someone backed into the grill and cracked it

Someone also backed into the rear bumper

It's a used car. No matter how mint or perfect a seller says the car is, you're going to have to fix a few things. Fix what is needed and enjoy!
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    It's a used car. No matter how mint or perfect a seller says the car is, you're going to have to fix a few things. Fix what is needed and enjoy!
    Yeah I expect that with any used car. Of course it’s nice when a seller is honest (not saying that he wasn’t but guess I’ll find out) so that u can have a heads up.

Something that scared me is he sent me a pic of the oil saying to look how clean it is 2 days ago and today I got a notification on mycarfax which is different from carfax that must he had just got an oil change that day. I paid for he car yesterday. So today it had me thinking why did he do an oil change right before he sold it to me

I’m not trying to assume anything. The gentleman honestly seamed to be honest and he was very nice all along. He even had asked if there was someone I can have come look at it when we had first started talking about the car.

Before this I had located 2 crown Vic lx sports out of state and both people would not even talk to me thinking I was a scammer. That was frustrating

Nice looking car man. Take that scratch to a good custom shop. They will make it disappear. Some of those guys have mad skilz.
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

Congratulations! I'm sure you will enjoy it.
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

I never pay for a car sight unseen. I bought a bank check and sent images to the seller after we agreed on a price. Car was in Michigan - I drove there and put my hands on it before I handed over the check. He was the second owner and a collector - car was immaculate as advertised. Car was/is immaculate and now I'm being told the trunk lid isn't original- still not disappointed. Carfax showing no accidents. Keep us informed.

Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Door scrapes look like they are from inconsideate people who just swing their door open in parking spaces and don't care what's next too them. They might polish out. Take it to a good detailer and see what they can do. Car looks good other wise. How old are the tires?

Nice DTR.

I was told front tires are newer and rear are still decent. Rear brakes recently done as well.

Carfax showed it was in a transmission shop in June so I got a hold of the owner at the trans shop and he was able to look up he records and stated the they changed out a solenoid on the transmission and fluid change.

This will be my third vehicle bought sight unseen. I even wired the money. My bank advised me not too. They thought I was crazy but my gut told me this man is honest.

My last marauder was bought sight unseen as well. It had a lot of underbody rust but the seller was also very honest if u ask me. I kept that for about 8 months and sold it for exactly what I paid for it

I bought a 2004 Tahoe once from California as well but that was a car lot. It was very clean but the suspension needed some work that the seller claimed was all good.

So yes definitely a gamble without seeing and driving obviously because any problem can be hidden. Major or minor

Last edited by MotorCity; 09-19-2019 at 06:27 PM.

A fun gamble...looks like you're coming up aces so far! Enjoy!
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

Right on. For some reason it is fun lol.

Bet I won’t be saying that with a knocking engine though

With the information I’ve provided and pics, how much would u guys pay for this car sight unseen?

Too hard a question. I have one since new. If I didn't have one and wanted one, $10,500. Because I have one, I would go about $7,000. Just spit balling.

FYI, I'm on the hook for a 1958 Corvette. I'm totally lost on the price to pay. All original paint. Not a hi po example. Two speed auto, but sweet car.

If it's a car you want, and can afford it, you'll be happy. That silver is a good looking car, I like that color with the light Flint. Only color it looks correct in.
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information