Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noob questions

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Hmmm...where do I start? Recalling my HS days - we usually wanted to change out the radio, wheels and exhaust first, no questions asked. Perfectly good cars turned into sht within 6 months. OP is clearly brand new to Marauder (and cars in general?). Air Suspension, EATC for starters.
    I'm sure the cars from your HS days would have shocked drivers from the 1920's with how advanced they were

EATC and air ride can be found on Ford products from the mid to late 1980's. Hell, a 80's Mark 7 and Continental had 4 wheel air ride, we don't even have that!

Again, these cars are simplistic, I mean for Christ sake, how advanced is a car when two methods of fixing its electronics are "hit it" (The BCM and LCM).

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedMarauder View Post
    New to the Marauder, yes. New to cars with finicky parts, no. My past 3 cars have been a 2004 Lincoln LS V8, a 2010 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, and a 2014 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost. I currently own (along with the Marauder) a 2016 Ford Edge Sport. The Lincoln LS cost me more money to fix the more complex parts than I'd care to admit. I was just asking for some specs of some components. I went into this eyes wide open. It's 16 years old. Things are going to break. Parts are becoming scarce. I have every maintenance record for the car from the past 16 years. It was garage-kept until sold. I've done my homework.
    You have NOTHING to fear if you came from owning a LS V8. The Marauder specific parts are getting scarce yes, but since most of this car is the same as your basic panther platform, plenty of service parts will be around for decades to come.

Top tip, since the forum search function is trash, if you need to search anything, open google and use site:mercurymarauder.net followed by whatever you need. it'll search just this forum for your query.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

New to the Marauder, yes. New to cars with finicky parts, no. My past 3 cars have been a 2004 Lincoln LS V8, a 2010 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, and a 2014 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost. I currently own (along with the Marauder) a 2016 Ford Edge Sport. The Lincoln LS cost me more money to fix the more complex parts than I'd care to admit. I was just asking for some specs of some components. I went into this eyes wide open. It's 16 years old. Things are going to break. Parts are becoming scarce. I have every maintenance record for the car from the past 16 years. It was garage-kept until sold. I've done my homework.
    This is good news - probably should have put a bit of this into your original posting. Be prepared as you will experience the gamut of responses. Be sure to check out the numerous Marauder FB pages too. Welcome to the world of the 4th gen Mercury Marauder - previous generations are welcome too.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    I'm sure the cars from your HS days would have shocked drivers from the 1920's with how advanced they were

EATC and air ride can be found on Ford products from the mid to late 1980's. Hell, a 80's Mark 7 and Continental had 4 wheel air ride, we don't even have that!

Again, these cars are simplistic, I mean for Christ sake, how advanced is a car when two methods of fixing its electronics are "hit it" (The BCM and LCM).
    The OP decided to make his position clear well after his first post - strange. Now that we know portions of his itinerary(?), you may decide to state something worthwhile - or not. Many here make complete fools of themselves for no clear reason, other than to assert some form of obtuse 'supremacy'(?). The choice is yours.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

The OP decided to make his position clear well after his first post - strange. Now that we know portions of his itinerary(?), you may decide to state something worthwhile - or not.

He asked about speakers and exhaust work. He wasn't asking how to strap a Saturn V rocket to his car on a P71 owners budget.

Many here make complete fools of themselves for no clear reason, other than to assert some form of obtuse 'supremacy'(?). The choice is yours.
    Okay dude, coming from the guy posting like a boomer lost on facebook

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

This thread hurts my head...

A couple of SIMPLE questions and steered directly into the business end of a freight train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I put a pioneer bluetooth player in my marauder. It required triming the radio bezel no big deal.

I have the 6.5" JL w3v2 sub but hadnt cut the box to make it fit. The heat gun idea is much more appealing to me will try ir when i can.
    '03 Marauder 300A / Forged 11:1 Eaton @ 17 lbs - 87 Octane
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Okay dude, coming from the guy posting like a boomer lost on facebook
    I had the same feeling.

One more noob question. What is the difference between the 4.6 4V in the Marauder and the one from the Cobra other than the supercharger? I'm assuming the heads are different as well. Just curious.
    MaskedMarauder

Current Rides
    2016 Ford Edge Sport AWD
    - Bronze Fire Metallic with custom pinstriping
    - 2.7L EcoBoost Twin Turbo V6
    - 21" Rims w/ Michelin Premier LTX 265/40R21 Tires

2003 Marauder 300A Black (Build #1800 out of 7838)
    - Order Date: 5/2/2002
    - Build Date: 6/21/2002
    - First Sale Date: 1/11/2003
    - Second Sale Date: 9/9/2019
    Options
    - With Trunk Organizer
    - With Rear Spoiler
    - With 6-disc CD Changer
    Mods
    - K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    - JVC KW-M650BT w/ Back-Up Camera and iDataLink Maestro Steering Wheel Interface
    - Custom X-Pipe Crossover
    - Jones Exhaust Glasspack Mufflers
    - Jones Exhaust 3.5" x 22" Polished Stainless Steel Rolled Edge Non-Resonated Exhaust Tips

Former Rides
    1990 Ford Tempo GLS
    1991 Ford Tempo GL
    1996 Ford Explorer XLT
    2002 Ford Explorer XLT
    2004 Lincoln LS V8
    2010 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
    2014 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost

Heads are the same. Both have "C" heads

The bottom end is the difference. Cobra is a low compression, forged internal, steel block
    Marauder is high compression, non forged internal, aluminum block

Do not go to ford and get the LCM light control module repaired, they will hack your wiring..
    Guy on here repairs them.
    Forget replacing the stock subwoofer, just use a stock amp on a 8 inch 4th order box off eBay and your choice of subwoofer, sounds 3.785 times better..
    Summit sells stainless steel 3 or 4 inch by 24? Tips for about 30-44.00 each. Even have the rolled edge too..

Get a tune, Marty's shift schedule alone will change how nice the car drives

change all the fluids and filters and buy new tires
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

OP. I repair EATC's, compass, LCM and BCM. I can also supply LEDs, HIDs and other goodies. See the MARAUDER INNOVATIONS forum.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

One more noob question. What is the difference between the 4.6 4V in the Marauder and the one from the Cobra other than the supercharger? I'm assuming the heads are different as well. Just curious.
    2003 heads have 4 threads for the spark plugs while the 2004 heads have 9 threads for the spark plugs as I recall. Spark plug torque is critical, around 12 ft lbs. Just had my spark plugs changed for the very first time ever, at 47,900+ miles. 2004 4.6L DOHC motors also have two knock sensors, vs. the 2003 4.6L DOHC, with one knock sensor - presumably to allow the pcm to respond quicker to combustion parameters, octane differences, etc.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information