Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: hit and run, no note left

hit and run, no note left

Hi Guys,
    Last weekend someone parked or tried to park next to my Marauder at my apartment complex and apparently sc***** up my car pretty good on the rear door and the wheel well part of the rear quarter panel. They did not leave a note. Must have been a white or light colored vehicle because there was paint transfer. We have assigned spaces, but no on appears to be assigned to that space. Probably another resident or their guests.

Took it to a body shop. My insurance will pay for it except my $500 deductible. The total cost would have been almost $2,000. Hard to believe (although a good scrape and dent) that it costs that much. Anyway, wish I chose a lower deductible. So I won't have my Marauder for about a week.

I also noticed a few times that the layer of dirt that accumulates on my car overnight sometimes has handprints and smudges on it. I know the little kids play around there so I figure they sometimes climb up on my car when I'm at work. That makes me mad. One time I spotted the mom or babysitter leaning/sitting against my car. Why don't other residents respect other people's property?

You need a camera system. If you have a window that overlooks your car mount it in your place. If not there are car cameras available. I have been thinking of having made or making a swivel camera for mounting where the interior light goes. Something to swivle to movement and capture pictures. Not sure what I would use yet, but a memory card capture on the camera shouldn't be too hard to hook up.

With video evidence you can get convictions, have tenets banned from apartments, or evicted. Without you have nothing.

Some of these static ones are good though.

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/ca...-recorder.html
    Last edited by Aren Jay; 07-03-2008 at 05:19 PM.

I feel your pain. Every door on my MM has parking lot scratches, most are into the metal.

One real wheel well lip has a ding. Wish I could make one claim but nooooo, each one has to be separate and after threee of them in a short period of time it's phiffftz for the insurance.

One or two are from women's rings when they brush up against the car trying to open the door. Diamonds are harder than clear coat.

Regards,

I pulled into my driveway tonight, got out, and looked the MM over a bit, and the first thing I see is a 7" long scratch in the roof panel above the drivers door. This could not be an accident, it was on purpose, I park 100' from any other car just so no damage can happen by accident. I'm really PO'd, I'm thinking of getting one of those cheap buffers they sell at FLAPS, but don't know if I can use it without hurting the paint.

Sorry to hear about the scratches, they seem unavoidable. No matter what I do or how I park, there is a new mark every month.

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

MOD HISTORY:
    -Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
    -Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
    13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.
    -Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
    -New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims
    XCal 4 Remote-tuned to PERFECTION by Jeff @ MartyO June/19

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    Why don't other residents respect other people's property?
    Because lots of people in the world are D'bags. its that simple. Someone gave my car a good gash down the door, thats 1 to add to the collection of highly visible marks

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

You need to you can keep your car indoors.

I went last week to Montreal center. Left my MGM during about 2 hours at the (dark) covered parking of the "Biodome". When I came back home, I saw that somebody had hit my rear bumper. Car is now at the FORD bodyshop. 500 $ for repair + colour. I am pissed off !

JP
    MM 2003
    SCT Calibrator II (from Lidio)
    K & N Air charger
    Eibach front springs
    Meg's delete resonators tips
    Mach I chin spoiler (Innovative Interceptors)
    Factory rear spoiler
    Aluminium pedals (Dyno Pro)
    Silver letters (SS Inserts)
    God's head front badge (Colex)
    Garmin GPS & Supertooth II

MGM LSE 2003
    SCT Calibrator II (from Dennis Reinhart)
    Wider induction pipe + MM air box + K&N filter (from Dennis Reinhart)
    Aeroforce Scan Gauge
    Garmin GPS & Supertooth II

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    I pulled into my driveway tonight, got out, and looked the MM over a bit, and the first thing I see is a 7" long scratch in the roof panel above the drivers door. This could not be an accident, it was on purpose, I park 100' from any other car just so no damage can happen by accident. I'm really PO'd, I'm thinking of getting one of those cheap buffers they sell at FLAPS, but don't know if I can use it without hurting the paint.
    You didn't get damage from the storm during the last 24 hours? Was sitting on Public Square downtown last night when the storm hit, we were drenched.

Ken
    MARAUDERS get me ****!

Hi Guys,
    Last weekend someone parked or tried to park next to my Marauder at my apartment complex and apparently sc***** up my car pretty good on the rear door and the wheel well part of the rear quarter panel. They did not leave a note. Must have been a white or light colored vehicle because there was paint transfer.
    This exact thing happened to my DTR MM in February at a Staples parking lot. Creased both left doors in the lower panels. Luckily I had my deductible at $200 and the total job to fix cost about $1300. All is well now.
    2004 Mercury Marauder, dark toreador red/dark charcoal interior
    Born On Tuesday, May 18, 2004
    Sequence Nos.: 2,991 of 3,214 ('04), 10,829 of 11,052 (total) & 926 of 980 (DTRs) & 1 of 2,000 '04s without moonroof
    Purchased On Friday, October 22, 2004
    Sold On Wednesday, February 29, 2012
    Final Miles = 099871
    6 CD Trunk Changer, Heated Seats, Alternative Auto Performance Tune, Borla mufflers (#40652),
    "Powered By Ford" 2005 Ford GT Coil Covers, Aeroforce OBD2 Scan Gauge, Replacement Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge,
    McGard Wheel Locks (#24130), 2005 oil filter drip deflector

It seems that some people just don't give a *****. The problem is that they don't even care about their own stuff so why should they care about other peoples. Kids especially need to be taught to respect other peoples property, and if all goes well they'll turn out to be like us when they get older.

As I was walking to my car in a parking lot I saw a guy leaning against the front fender. I made the horn beep with the remote, and he didn't move just looked around. I then hit the panic and he seemed startled and moved off the car. When I got near my car I asked him if it was his, and he said "NO" and I replied "That's right so stay the ****** off it !!"

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Hit and Run

Hi Guys,
    Last weekend someone parked or tried to park next to my Marauder at my apartment complex and apparently sc***** up my car pretty good on the rear door and the wheel well part of the rear quarter panel. They did not leave a note. Must have been a white or light colored vehicle because there was paint transfer. We have assigned spaces, but no on appears to be assigned to that space. Probably another resident or their guests.

Took it to a body shop. My insurance will pay for it except my $500 deductible. The total cost would have been almost $2,000. Hard to believe (although a good scrape and dent) that it costs that much. Anyway, wish I chose a lower deductible. So I won't have my Marauder for about a week.

I also noticed a few times that the layer of dirt that accumulates on my car overnight sometimes has handprints and smudges on it. I know the little kids play around there so I figure they sometimes climb up on my car when I'm at work. That makes me mad. One time I spotted the mom or babysitter leaning/sitting against my car. Why don't other residents respect other people's property?

I cary a Car Cover in my trunk. Once you get used to using one it is not hard to take off and replace. Roll the back up twoard the roof, and the front likewise. Then pull toward you rolling into a a donut. They even sell them with a padding that would have eliminate most scratches. Not a dent though. Some deterent to damage. Especially if you are at work. When not a daily driver I would keep it covered. It also deters theives who don't want to work too hard.

Um, about your deductible? Rather than lowering it, you may want to consider raising it. The savings in premiums may make up the difference in an occational repair. Check with your agent, though, and see if doing so makes sense to you.
    Sorry about your bad luck, but in this case, I might consider paying for the repair, out of pocket, and shop around for a better price, rather than turning it in to my insurer, depending upon your claim(s) history.

We're talking about savings in the long term, here, not right or wrong.

Thank you for all of your condolences. Sounds like we have all experienced as much.

The only other time I can remember something similiar also happened to my Marauder was one time I staid at a motel near work since we were working late nights. This was about December last year. I got in my car the last day to drive to work and noticed my mirror was out of position. It was flipped toward the car. I didn't know they could be flipped back, neat feature. Anyway, I flipped it back into place but noticed a definate scratch on the front of the mirror housing. Someone obviously had parked to the right of me and backing out had gotten too close and scratched/flipped the passenger mirror back. I didn't bother doing anything about that one. There wasn't a car next to me (or they decided to not park there).

Oh, and I remembered another one. I went to Costco and was decently parked away from other cars. Some idiot decides out of all of the spaces to park in front of me with a big truck (F-150 or something). They parked and where touching my front bumper causing a scratch/gash. Why does some idiot park so damn close? Maybe they didn't notice they were touching my car, but why THE HELL DID THAT TRUCK PARK SO DAMN CLOSE? It was so darn stupid. Just leave a little gosh darn room, you idiot, especially since you are driving some big darn truck. Why the hell would someone pull so far forward? That one made me mad. I could have wrote down their license plate, but I didn't want any trouble. I was mad though. I just left furious.

I do have the official car cover. Used to use it when the car was cleaned. Its a daily driver. But my brother-in-law made fun of me saying something to the effect that you only use car covers if the car is going into storage or non-operation. So I felt kind of stupid whipping it out at work or at the train station.

How do you clean a car cover when the outside gets so darn dirty after awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by larryo340 View Post
    When I got near my car I asked him if it was his, and he said "NO" and I replied "That's right so stay the ****** off it !!"
    That's ^^^^ great !!!
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information