Thread: Overheating question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Overheating question

So some of you may have seen my post about me buying an 04 silver birch with 75k miles sight unseen from Texas. It was delivered to my home in Michigan a couple weeks ago. Been busy with work and unfortunately my father has been ill so I haven’t had much time to fool with the car or even unsure it and drive it. I only transferred the title obviously

Anyways I just got in it and drove it around for less than 10 minutes. Going around a few blocks. Only got up to about 40 mph. I noticed the rpm gauge not working but I think it was initially when I got in the car, that’s probably not relevant to my question but I noticed the heat not working and then when I was getting back home the temp gauge was reading hot. I turned the car off and popped the hood and heard some ticking coming from the engine so I think it was in fact overheating. When I first got the car I did the same thing, drove it around a few blocks and noticed the heat took forever to start kicking in hot. It did start blowing hot after about 10 minutes. I’m not sure if I paid attention if the temp gauge got hot or not that time. Also I did the ecu test and everything checked out fine so no stuck blend door motor

I’m not car expert by any means but does this simply mean that I need to replace my thermostat and problem solved or do I have a more serious problem on my hands? I will check the coolant level tomorrow. By the way I don’t work on cars so if have to have someone change the thermostat. Thanks in advance for any help. I hope I didn’t just take someone else’s problem off their hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MotorCity; 10-07-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Thread Information