Thread: Will the front end of a 03 Grand Marquis fit a Marauder?

Will the front end of a 03 Grand Marquis fit a Marauder?

Hydroplaned my Marauder and hit a guardrail. It spun me around and busted the passenger rear tail light and tore the rear bumper cover. The tear is not too bad and I think I can repair it. It also tore off the entire front end of the car. Somehow the hood survived unscathed. Insurance is going to total it but I plan to keep it and fix it myself. Both front fenders are bent and one could be repaired but the other one is toast. All of the damage is cosmetic. The frame and radiator are fine and the car drives fine with no change in alignment.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the front of grand marquis of this vintage will bolt right on? I was thinking of doing this to get the car driveable again and then begin searching for front end parts.

Thanks for any help / advice on whether this has been done before...Attachment 50533Attachment 50533Attachment 50533
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GeoffK; 10-19-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Grand Marquis parts will fit.

For you listening pleasure and reading enjoyment reference .....

Grand Marquis / Marauder parts list ««« -click-
    *PDF document

03-05 Marquis parts fit
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

IIRC the fender trim is unique to Marauder so salvage that if possible. The header is the same part MM & GM so it can stay. Check which bumper support stuff and fogs are MM specific and keep anything useful. Grill Logo salvageable? You can get aftermarket MM headlights fairly cheap if you can't find OEM in good enough condition. Don't know about aftermarket grills. Since the header and fenders are the same GM & MM headlights, turns and grill from either will mount up.
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

I have repaired a few busted marauders. Make sure you buy mgm fenders, i hear there is not a mounting tab for the corner light on the cop cars. The crash bar impact pieces behind that huge hunk of metal are the same on all. The lower plastic splash pieces some are identicle, your best bet is to find a 03-05 mgm and use its core support, wire harness support, fenders, nose and buy a ebay grille.... You will need some 3/8th weather strip foam to mount behind the grille so that once installed, it does not rub the nose.
    The huge impact chunk of metal is marauder specific in length, if you can reuse it, you should. The egg carton looking plastic is marauder specific for length, you can cut down a newer cop car one as its mounts are the same. I just use bolts and very large washers to hold the egg carton black plastic back into place.... You can open up oem head lights from a mgm and use oven cleaner or rain x 2 and 1 to get rid of the chrome, and now you have marauder headlights...

When putting the car back together, install the core support first then the fenders, you must spread the fenders to install the nose. Best to paint the back side of a OEM nose.. Too bad your not local to KC, i always stock parts to repair these cars. LMK if you have questions, text only 573-286-1699 i dont answer calls.
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Turbov6Bryan ... I Make sure you buy mgm fenders, i hear there is not a mounting tab for the corner light on the cop cars. ...
    The Crown Victoria fenders do have a mounting tab for the corner light (the rear of the CVs' corner light is secured with at screw), however you will/would need to trim ~¼" ± a RCH to accomodate the Marauders' corner light.

*Have the Marauder corner lights installed.

THANKS gdmjoe for the list link and everyone else for the useful suggestions! I am NOT going to let them total my Marauder. Once I settle with insurance I will start looking for a 03-05 Mercury Grand Marquis now that I know the parts will fit. OUCH! Turbov6Bryan looks like you slid into a wall or something very hard. Hope your back is OK.

Thread Information