Thread: Killer chiller questions

Killer chiller questions

I purchased a good used gen 3 kit a few weeks ago , and installed it yesterday. I followed the instructions and routed everything per the instructions, but I may have missed a step because my IC fluid temps doesn’t get cooler in-fact it does the opposite. I’m sure it has something to do with the orfice tube. I kept the stock orfice tube because I saw no where one would fit with the kit.in the stock pic on the KC site it shows what looks like a orfice tube housing on the inlet from condenser and did not come with this kit per the previous owner and confirmed by a KC rep. Can’t find any pictures showing the orfice tube location. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'Just Live'

Check the refrigerant charge, as in too much. Make sure the fan is on as in the radiator fan. Then the tee is installed at the top of the condenser into the chiller then to the evaporator core the oriface tube goes before the chiller and you remove the factory one. On the water side the chiller goes after the heat exchanger on the front

Quote Originally Posted by mm svt View Post
    Check the refrigerant charge, as in too much. Make sure the fan is on as in the radiator fan. Then the tee is installed at the top of the condenser into the chiller then to the evaporator core the oriface tube goes before the chiller and you remove the factory one. On the water side the chiller goes after the heat exchanger on the front

I’m sure I know the issue now. It kept the stock oriface because the kit I bought didn’t have the part in the above picture for the oriface tube. The gen3 kit I have has the going from condenser to KC (no tee)this is the exact same kit I have minus the oriface tube housing to the KC. Previous owner said he never received that part and has the proof. Btw. Ac charge is on point. Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated

'Just Live'

You have to remove the stock orifce tube, I had the same issue when I installed mine, was doing a svt 150 at the same time, it’s instructions said to remove the OEM tube, so, evap’d the system, removed it and wha-la, good ac and low IAT’s.

I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    You have to remove the stock orifce tube, I had the same issue when I installed mine, was doing a svt 150 at the same time, it’s instructions said to remove the OEM tube, so, evap’d the system, removed it and wha-la, good ac and low IAT’s.

A lot of confusion here now. Here is what the previous owner sent me about his conversation with Joe at KC. ok it’s clear that I have to remove the oem oriface tube. Did you run an oriface tube before the KC, where,part number , pics. ?

'Just Live'

I did mine 4 or 5 years ago, I honestly only remember that I had crappy IAT’s and no ac in the car. Was going to start on the other truck, and low and behold the instructions said to remove the factory orifice tube, back to the marauder, sucked it down, pulled it and recharged the system, no clue if the KC unit had one included or not, I know it worked like a champ afterwards.

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I did mine 4 or 5 years ago, I honestly only remember that I had crappy IAT’s and no ac in the car. Was going to start on the other truck, and low and behold the instructions said to remove the factory orifice tube, back to the marauder, sucked it down, pulled it and recharged the system, no clue if the KC unit had one included or not, I know it worked like a champ afterwards.

The previous owner said it’s stuffed in the line before the KC inlet. I’ll pull it apart later today and give an update

'Just Live'

Quote Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
    The previous owner said it’s stuffed in the line before the KC inlet. I’ll pull it apart later today and give an update

IIRC it is, but that was almost 5 years ago and I don’t have the car anymore to go out to the garage and look. I remember that the instructions never mentioned the OE orifice tube. That’s where I think you’re problem lies.

Thread Information