Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maddened Mopar seller crushes big-block ’70 Charger

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    I've been in this hobby for 40 years. I've bought and sold hundreds of cars, tens of thousands of parts.
    Buying and selling now is an absolute horror show compared to the percentage back in the news paper ad days.
    I'm sitting on parts that SHOULD be worth money, heck, they sure were when I bought them!
    But dealing with so much unnecessary B.S. from out of touch people in the car market, just deflates my desire to deal.
    When I sell, my price is a 'sell it now' below market figure. Still, lowballers, no action at all, emails and calls -
    but every now and then the item sells to a decent guy with no issues right away - they knew what they wanted and that mine was a bargain. THAT is the exception.

If that Charger is/was so iconic and valuable, where were the Gas Monkey rich buyers that snag rusty car shells to restore and profit from? Without even looking under the car....

I will absolutely burn a cheap car if the sale frustration drives me to it. Mine to do with as I please. The burning may bring me more satisfaction than the money, so ****k it.
    Very well put! The money is nice but some of us don’t need it. I would have more satisfaction burning it as well then to give some asshat the deal of a lifetime.

Also true on the occasional cool buyer/seller. I’ve met a select few I still keep up in touch with. I miss buying from the Trading Times, the old school hot sheets before the internet. It came out on Thursday mornings and you had literally that morning to strike a deal or a long wait till next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post

If that Charger is/was so iconic and valuable, where were the Gas Monkey rich buyers that snag rusty car shells to restore and profit from?
    The issue with this seller was that he actually never responded and never called a few potential buyers back. I knew of a couple of interested parties who attempted to reach out to him. No response. He simply put the car on the side of the road with a "For Sale" sign and expected people to show up and throw money at him. In addition, he was trying to sell a 70 Dodge Charger on the side of the road with no advertising and in an area which shuns American cars. The Upstate NY area is covered with Hondas, Toyotas and Kias. You see a thousand cheap imports for every one American car. So yes, it is going to be extremely difficult to sell an iconic muscle car in this area with the hopes that the right person just happens to drive by. If I was twenty-five years younger, I would have entertained buying the car. Of course, if I knew this degenerate was going to do what he did, I probably would have bought the car to save it and either try to restore it with help over a much longer period of time or re-sell it intelligently with the proper marketing and advertising. Just like this forum, there are plenty of Dodge Charger websites and forums which he could have posted to properly advertise the car. It's all about approaching the problem intelligently and working smart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information