Thread: Be Aware of Your Surroundings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Be Aware of Your Surroundings

I was hesitant in mentioning this, but when I look back, I may have very well avoided being carjacked. This past monday November 4th at approx 1615, I was leaving the Wells Fargo Bank branch at 2910 South Blvd., after conducting business inside. I parked Marauder in the lower parking lot at the corner of South Blvd and New Bern St - a one way entrance off of South Blvd and a one way exit onto New Bern (white utility truck). As I was exiting the parking lot, a 1990s black Crown Vic beater with two occupants attempted to enter my exit, partially blocking me and the right lane on New Bern Street. They both started shouting about 'do you want to sell it?', 'where did you get it?', bet you paid alot for it?', etc. I mostly ignored them until a motorist they were blocking blew her horn. At about the same time, the passenger in the Crown Vic was glaring at me and began to exit his car. Both lanes on New Bern back to South Blvd. were open and the light was green for me to make a quick exit onto New Bern and then a left turn onto South Blvd heading north.

Crime is off of the scales here with daily carjackings, murders, etc. Pizza Delivery man was shot and had his car stolen last night. Motorist was arraigned yesterday in the death of a motorcyclist. Motorist claimed the biker cut him off, assaulted him and used racial epithets so the motorist ran him down, killing the biker. Motorist reportedly told witnesses the 'biker deserved it'? Everyday stuff here and the cops tell me I only know of a fraction of the true amount of crime/dysfunction as most isn't reported in the media - probably no different anywhere else.

Did I avoid a carjacking? Maybe. Major red flags for sure. Do pay attention to your surroundings and don't be afraid to act.

View of area in question. Wells Fargo Bank marked.
    Last edited by Invective; 11-06-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Thread Information