Thread: Help with the Fuel system for my project

Help with the Fuel system for my project

Hello
    I am doing a 700whp project and so far I've got the Whipple and the forged internals installed.
    - Whipple 2.3 upper pulley 3.0 stock lower, plus am gonna ship it later to stiegemiere for porting along with a BBK 65mm ported throttle body.
    - 3000 MAF.
    - SW lt headers.
    - water methanol injection, no I don't have access e85 in my country and the fuel race or boostane additive is a waste of money to me they're so expensive.
    - going manual 6 speed but still didn't go shopping for one but I've got McLeod aluminum flywheel and RST twin disk clutch.
    - killer chiller.

Now am shopping for the fuel system and I've got no idea what fuel pump sizes should I take or what to do with my sending unit to make it hold two pumps, but I wanna do dual pump with a return style fuel system, any ideas? And what about boost-a-bump? Do I need it or just stay stock?
    I still have some questions about my build but I didn't got far to do it, am doing the build so it's taking a while since I work on it in the weekends.

Any help will be appreciate it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I replumbed my car with a return system, ran the lines down the drivers side. I took a sending unit from a earlier year vic that was return style. I adapted 2 walboro 450s. I also run e85. I got a regulator installed before the rail. I'm estimated around 750 rwhp. I run 1500cc injectors and have all the fuel supply I need at 21 psi of boost (most I've pushed to so far). I don't think I have pics of the sender though.

I attached this setup to the sender...

https://www.racetronix.biz/product.asp?ic=ti-tca948-4

I run individual relays to supply power to each pump. I also installed a 2nd grommet/wires to the sender hat.
    2003 budget built marauder-LM7 5.3 SBE 4L80E VS racing 78/75 turbo and other things
    1.56 60' 6.80 1/8 @ 104 mph 10.5 1/4 @129 mph
    #BSTDMRC #LSSWAPPEDMARAUDER
    Instagram -
    Cheapthrillb2
    lsswappedmarauder

Help with the Fuel system for my project

Here’s mine:

Return style with stock hat simply clamped both pumps together and used 98-02 fuel pump socks for easier fit. Original feed line with an adapter goes to pump 1, added two more -6 bulkhead fittings for pump 2 and return. Two -6 lines go to passenger side frame with a -8x-6x-6 Wye block into filter -8 to rails, -6 return from regulator back to tank. Also added racetronix dual pump harness/relay kit.

80# injectors
    BA5000 slot MAF
    Aeromotive rails
    Aeromotive regulator after the rails
    Magnafuel filter
    2 Aeromotive 340’s
    Racetronix wiring kit
    Full S.W. Exhaust
    Oversized Manley S.S. exhaust valves/stock intake
    ProCharger F1-A
    Cog drive kit
    80 tooth lower
    44 tooth upper
    ProCharger Race intercooler
    Big Red Blowoff
    Tial 50MM waste gate
    Fully welded 3 1/2” piping, engine mounts, and braced connection at the Accufab 03-04 single blade throttle body feeding the ported upper intake.

No issue whatsoever with fueling. We shut her down way early 5,700 RPMS due to clutch slippage (factory GT500 twin disc) with plenty of fuel to easily achieve mid to upper 800’s as quoted by Mo’s had the clutch not acted up. We still walked away making 704 with 26#s on 110 fuel. 601 with 19#s on 93.

Keep in mind we also had a combined weight of around no less than 1,200 pounds of meat eating earthlings sitting in the car and trunk to hold her down as anything near 3,500 RPMS we just blew the tires off.

On the street running the race tune we drifted off to the right towards the top of 3rd gear at 115MPH 5,500RPMs w/three adults on board weighing in around 600 pounds plus my toolbox and two suitcases. Zero clutch slip this time just lack of traction to finish 3rd.

It was suggested to me by Mo’s to skip the RST and only go with the RXT as the combined weight of the car plus the power added the RST would not hold up. Not sure what trans you are going with but I’d only recommend a MagnumXL. My TR6060 is holding up perfectly fine but the amount in fab work is stupid and the added cost of a custom constant velocity driveshaft is another kick in rear. By all means though definitely get a hydraulic kit, I love my nice soft pedal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrillb2 View Post
    I replumbed my car with a return system, ran the lines down the drivers side. I took a sending unit from a earlier year vic that was return style. I adapted 2 walboro 450s. I also run e85. I got a regulator installed before the rail. I'm estimated around 750 rwhp. I run 1500cc injectors and have all the fuel supply I need at 21 psi of boost (most I've pushed to so far). I don't think I have pics of the sender though.

I attached this setup to the sender...

https://www.racetronix.biz/product.asp?ic=ti-tca948-4

I run individual relays to supply power to each pump. I also installed a 2nd grommet/wires to the sender hat.
    Do I need 450s? Because I'll be doing 91 pump gas unfortunately and water methanol injection, I'll run two tunes street tune with low timing and race tune squeezing every last drop of power from the engine with the set of fuel I've got, and if you could give me more info on the regulator so I can make a purchase on it that would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Here’s mine:

Return style with stock hat simply clamped both pumps together and used 98-02 fuel pump socks for easier fit. Original feed line with an adapter goes to pump 1, added two more -6 bulkhead fittings for pump 2 and return. Two -6 lines go to passenger side frame with a -8x-6x-6 Wye block into filter -8 to rails, -6 return from regulator back to tank. Also added racetronix dual pump harness/relay kit.

80# injectors
    BA5000 slot MAF
    Aeromotive rails
    Magnafuel filter
    2 Aeromotive 340’s
    Racetronix wiring kit
    Full S.W. Exhaust
    ProCharger F1-A
    Cog drive kit
    80 tooth lower
    44 tooth upper
    Big Red Blowoff
    Tial 50MM waste gate
    Fully welded 3 1/2” piping, engine mounts, and braced connection at the Accufab 03-04 single blade throttle body feeding the ported upper intake.

No issue whatsoever with fueling. We shut her down way early 5,700 RPMS due to clutch slippage (factory GT500 twin disc) with plenty of fuel to easily achieve mid to upper 800’s as quoted by Mo’s had the clutch not acted up. We still walked away making 704 with 26#s on 110 fuel. 601 with 19#s on 93.

Keep in mind we also had a combined weight of around no less than 1,200 pounds of meat eating earthlings sitting in the car and trunk to hold her down as anything near 3,500 RPMS we just blew the tires off.

On the street running the race tune we drifted off to the right towards the top of 3rd gear at 115MPH 5,500RPMs w/three adults on board weighing in around 600 pounds plus my toolbox and two suitcases. Zero clutch slip this time just lack of traction to finish 3rd.

It was suggested to me by Mo’s to skip the RST and only go with the RXT as the combined weight of the car plus the power added the RST would not hold up. Not sure what trans you are going with but I’d only recommend a MagnumXL. My TR6060 is holding up perfectly fine but the amount in fab work is stupid and the added cost of a custom constant velocity driveshaft is another kick in rear. By all means though definitely get a hydraulic kit, I love my nice soft pedal!

I've got the same injectors size 80lb and I think I'll be going your route with the Fab work you've done looks easy to me.
    Trans wise, I went to pickup the magnum xl I've found a while back and it was in a bad shape rust all over it and no bellhousing and get this (it has a 10 spline output shaft!) I was so riddled and when I asked the guy why is it 10 spline when it should be 26 spline? he was like I don't know this is how I bought it I wanted it for an ls swap project and I cancelled it and all, so that's a skip on the magnum xl, and tr6060 is a decent price but you're wright too much Fab work, so the mind is kinda sits on the t56 so far, until I get to the trans part I'll be picking either the t56 or God help me with the Fab work for the tr6060 lol, but the hydraulic clutch that is a most I'll be buying a kit from American power train, clutch wise am stuck with the RST one because I made a purchase but I can sell it no problem and buy the RXT clutch.

Thank you all for your help and support I really appreciate it and I still have some other things wiring harness wise I need some help with but am still trying to make the last thing I do in the car because I hate electric work on cars so much

Here’s mine:

80# injectors
    BA5000 slot MAF
    Aeromotive rails
    Magnafuel filter
    2 Aeromotive 340’s
    Racetronix wiring kit
    Full S.W. Exhaust
    ProCharger F1-A
    Cog drive kit
    80 tooth lower
    44 tooth upper
    Big Red Blowoff
    Tial 50MM waste gate

Any more specs on the Fuel system? Because I don't know for which application should I take, and what about the boost a bump?

Quote Originally Posted by M91 View Post
    Do I need 450s? Because I'll be doing 91 pump gas unfortunately and water methanol injection, I'll run two tunes street tune with low timing and race tune squeezing every last drop of power from the engine with the set of fuel I've got, and if you could give me more info on the regulator so I can make a purchase on it that would be great.I've got the same injectors size 80lb and I think I'll be going your route with the Fab work you've done looks easy to me.
    Trans wise, I went to pickup the magnum xl I've found a while back and it was in a bad shape rust all over it and no bellhousing and get this (it has a 10 spline output shaft!) I was so riddled and when I asked the guy why is it 10 spline when it should be 26 spline? he was like I don't know this is how I bought it I wanted it for an ls swap project and I cancelled it and all, so that's a skip on the magnum xl, and tr6060 is a decent price but you're wright too much Fab work, so the mind is kinda sits on the t56 so far, until I get to the trans part I'll be picking either the t56 or God help me with the Fab work for the tr6060 lol, but the hydraulic clutch that is a most I'll be buying a kit from American power train, clutch wise am stuck with the RST one because I made a purchase but I can sell it no problem and buy the RXT clutch.

Thank you all for your help and support I really appreciate it and I still have some other things wiring harness wise I need some help with but am still trying to make the last thing I do in the car because I hate electric work on cars so much

A 10 spline is a plain old factory T-56.
    Any more specs on the Fuel system? Because I don't know for which application should I take, and what about the boost a bump?

Everything I listed makes up the fuel system besides fittings? Those you need to painstakingly order what you need. Sorry, this has been a few years now and I didn’t bother itemizing all the part numbers. Pretty much order engine parts like rails and throttle bodies for an 03-04 Cobra and rest you make up as you go along. The fittings alone can cost you anywhere from $250-$750 depending on how hard you research. I ordered most everything through Summit Racing.

No boostapump needed on return.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Everything I listed makes up the fuel system besides fittings? Those you need to painstakingly order what you need. Sorry, this has been a few years now and I didn’t bother itemizing all the part numbers. Pretty much order engine parts like rails and throttle bodies for an 03-04 Cobra and rest you make up as you go along. The fittings alone can cost you anywhere from $250-$750 depending on how hard you research. I ordered most everything through Summit Racing.

The trans was a t56 magnum xl but with a 10 spline, I couldn't find any tags with the serial number on it so I just skipped it.

I was wondering about the Racetronix wiring kit I only found ones listed for GM cars, and the fuel pump are they holding up good or do you recommend going with walbro?

The trans was a t56 magnum xl but with a 10 spline, I couldn't find any tags with the serial number on it so I just skipped it.

I was wondering about the Racetronix wiring kit I only found ones listed for GM cars, and the fuel pump are they holding up good or do you recommend going with walbro?

They’ve never made a Magnum or an XL with a 10 spline. In fact I’m pretty sure a 26 is literally the first upgrade to a stock trans so Tremec wouldn’t ever release the aftermarket T56 without a 26.

As for the dual wiring kit it is universal.

https://www.racetronix.biz/product.asp?ic=drph-001

SOLD 12/31/2021

That's exactly what I told the guy

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it

Thread Information