Thread: Bought another Ford

Bought another Ford

After having my Marauder breakdown again far from home (AC condenser clutch froze and snapped the serpentine belt) I decided it was time to get a bit more of a reliable car. It is in good hands right now being repaired by Curless. I still look forward to getting it back (though part of me feels after 15 years maybe its time to part ways).

Anyway, a few months ago I was visiting my sister in Florida with my wife and decided since our kids weren't with us I'd rent a Mustang convertible. Well the only one on the lot was the 5.0. Holy-cow have these cars come a long way. I have been test driving all versions of the car including an Ecoboost, the new HHP Ecoboost, a GT with performance package, various models of convertibles and a few GT350s. Of course what I really wanted was the GT350 but after many test drives as great of a car as it is (and it was way more complaint than I would have thought) it just doesn't make sense for me and the family. I ended up "settling" on a 2019 Magnetic Metal GT Premium convertible. I for one think the hardtops are way better looking but there is nothing like taking the top down when you can.

This car is amazing, came with a bunch of options, most that I felt were not needed but are nice to haves; 3.55s, Active Valve Exhaust, B&O stereo (not as great as the name suggests), Black accecent package and the Safe & Smart package (adaptive cruise, etc.). Lots of fun little extra's like the digital dash which I thought I'd never like, the heated steering wheel which I may never get another car without, the pony puddle lamps and of course the 10 speed automatic trans, this car is so dang quick and sounds so nice that 80% of me actually says there is no way I'm ever going to mod it (that percentage lowers at last 1/10 % a day...but we shall see). I always respected the Mustangs but never thought I'd be an owner.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Looks nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

thanks, I'm still getting used to the black wheels. It is definatley a "look" everyone who sees it loves it but I think a black or white dual stirpe down the center and chrome or at least lighter rims would really make the car pop.

BTW, Bob you know anyone one that does ceramic coating or clear wrap near us, not sure I will do it but am at least thinking about it. Anyone have thoughts on whether its worth it?
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post
    thanks, I'm still getting used to the black wheels. It is definatley a "look" everyone who sees it loves it but I think a black or white dual stirpe down the center and chrome or at least lighter rims would really make the car pop.

BTW, Bob you know anyone one that does ceramic coating or clear wrap near us, not sure I will do it but am at least thinking about it. Anyone have thoughts on whether its worth it?
    No I sure don’t.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Welcome to the club, have you checked out mustang6g yet?

I had mine ceramic coated a few years ago, it's stored indoors and kept clean so the ceramic coating has held up. Find a few reputable detailers in your area and ask them about doing a correction and ceramic coating. The initial investment will probably be steep but it'll be worth it to remove any rail dust from transport as well as swirls from dealer "detailing". If any detailer tries to sell you on ceramic coating being a miracle fix all (won't scratch, won't chip, repels rocks, fireproof!), look somewhere else.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

yes, been on 6g a lot lately. What amazes me most is the amount of mods and resources the Mustang has. I'm so used to 442s and Marauders having very little support that I have spent hours just searching threads and after market supplier websites. its crazy.

It does look like an initial investment can be 1k up to 5k depending on how much pre-work needs to be done and whether or not you do cermaic, xpel or both.
    Last edited by stevengerard; 12-02-2019 at 08:34 AM.
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

Nice Steven........I got this back in early October........may be the ONLY 5.0 6-Seed Manual Kona Blue Vert in existence........everything I saw was either ECOBOOST or 10-Speed Auto!!

How ya like your??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No Marauder

Wow beautiful, I love Kona, that was my first Color choice. Well, when I was starting to look I was searching for Magentic Metal, but the more I looked the more I was leaning towards an actual color. Kind of tired of black and grey cars. I was leaning towards Kona or Velocity but almost all of the 19's I could find were either Ecoboosts, bare bone cars or manual. I really wanted 401A and Safe&Smart and was hoping to find active exhaust and 3.55s. Then I found two Orange Fury's with options I could live with but my wife and daughters were hesitant about the color. Then I found this car - just too many options at too good of a price. I love the orange but it does look better in the sun and being in Chicago the grey works sun or clouds. I do wish I found a Kona as I would put white stripes on it to match my 442 convertible. You will be enjoying the top down a lot more than me but with heated seats, heated steering wheel and the floor heater on I have driven it with the top down in November a few times - what's the difference between that and riding a snowmobile. Let people think I'm nuts.

Enjoy that car - its awesome and the 6-speed makes it so much fun. What options did you get?
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

Hey Steven........

My car has everything Ford offered except Magnaride.........I really like the Active Exhaust........first car I've ever had that WON'T have an "Exhaust Mod"!!
    No Marauder

Awesome, nice find. I feel the same away about the exhaust yet I see some folks do still add a an x-pipe or h-pipe and make it even louder. I don't feel the need but I am wondering about lowering it eventually and maybe changing the spoiler. The black accent package comes with a blade spoiler. I'm leaving it for now but I kind of feel like there should either be no spoiler or one that is more noticeable. The nice thing is I have yet to feel like I "need" to change anything.
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

Same here Steven.......unfortunately the small black spoiler looks to be attached at each end with nuts.......so NO SPOILER (which I like) would leave holes!!

The exhaust on mine sounds perfect for me in "Sport Mode"......."Track Mode" sounds sorta hollow but neither is too loud inside the car and neither drones........so I'd be afraid any changes might cause drone so I'm OK........for now!!

Good Luck and sorry you're faced with several months of fould weather ahead!!
    No Marauder

With variable valve timing I would find myself getting a tune sporting the fake cam lope.. Kid in me!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    With variable valve timing I would find myself getting a tune sporting the fake cam lope.. Kid in me!

I have not heard one in person but read it sounds fantastic.
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

A "Ghost Cam" tune dumps lotsa fuel at idle........lumpy idle but BAD for the Cats!!
    No Marauder

Oh yeah, I did hear that. Yeah, won't be doing that. Car sounds awesome to me as is. And I can hear myself think. My MM sounds awesome as well, but I can't hear anyone even at idle - and I had my hearing checked twice in the last year because of that—and its good.
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

Thread Information