Thread: Re: Advice Requested / Addco Sway Bar Upgrades

Re: Advice Requested / Addco Sway Bar Upgrades

Requesting some advice from those who have done the Addco Sway Bar upgrades. I will be doing both front and back very soon. I have read that some owners have also upgraded to the Moog End Links. Is that still advisable? Anything else I should be looking for or do while I am under there doing the upgrades? Thank you in advance.

Moog end links are greaseable - only advantage.

I'd suggest these:

Greaseable Sway Bar Bushings - Energy Suspensions
    Front – 9.5165 or 9.5172
    Rear – 9.5161

How-to about modifying the rear sway bar bracket and bushings greaseable.

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...y-bar-bushings

I can send pictures if needed.
    Last edited by fastblackmerc; 12-30-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

if you haven't bought the addcos yet, i'd suggest getting the eibach bars from Chris @ ADTR instead. The powder coating on the addcos are a joke, my 2 year old rear swaybar is already 100% brown rust and the rear end links have snapped on people in the past. Addco customer service is also pretty crap which is why Chris stopped carrying those bars.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    if you haven't bought the addcos yet, i'd suggest getting the eibach bars from Chris @ ADTR instead.
    Is the performance of the Eibach bars the same, better or worse than the Addcos? Are there any disadvantages to the Eibachs versus the Addcos? Is the install pretty much the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    Is the performance of the Eibach bars the same, better or worse than the Addcos? Are there any disadvantages to the Eibachs versus the Addcos? Is the install pretty much the same?
    The performance should be no different, the front Eibach bar is hollow so it'll be lighter than the front addco ( I don't think Addco offers hollow bars anymore). I am going to end up switching my red car to the eibachs at some point. Send Chris an email I'm sure he'd have good insight on direct comparisons between the two since he's owned and sold both bars, tell him I sent you.

I'm just annoyed with the Addcos for a few reasons, major reason its they look ugly after a few years. My red car is not driven in the winter and yet my front swaybar still looks like it's seen 3 buffalo winters.

This is the front swaybar on my red car which again, this bar has never seen salt. I don't have a shot of the rear bar on my black car surprisingly

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

My front bar did the same thing. Paint flaked off in my hands right out of the box. POWDERCOAT MY A**!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Addco's (front & rear) aren't powder coated but there is a gold colored coating that has held up for over 13 years.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Does anybody know the part numbers for them sway bars and the bushings and links thanks

Sent from my SM-J337AZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by badass mm View Post
    Does anybody know the part numbers for them sway bars and the bushings and links thanks

Sent from my SM-J337AZ using Tapatalk

Rear is a 650.
    Front is a 2196
    Links were included in the box when I got mine.

Google Moog if you want their links.

Summit or other seller may use different letter options, but most use the 2196 and/or the 650 in their part coding.

Bars are usually back-ordered as Addco only runs them occasionally.

I think ADTR has a Eibach option for one or both bars. Check out their web page.

Ride will get harsher with the upgraded bars. Still comfortable cruising on the highway, but I find side roads to be harsh if the road surface isn't perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Moog end links are greaseable - only advantage.

I'd suggest these:

Greaseable Sway Bar Bushings - Energy Suspensions
    Front – 9.5165 or 9.5172
    Rear – 9.5161

How-to about modifying the rear sway bar bracket and bushings greaseable.

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...y-bar-bushings

I can send pictures if needed.

Yes, please. PM sent. Thank you.

Thread Information