Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damaged DTR for sale

Damaged DTR for sale

In brief, my 2004 DTR, 56K miles, in minor accident front left (photo). My insurance company decided to total out the car, mostly because parts not available from Mercury/Ford. I will be negotiating with insurance company about what they will pay me. Forum member here mentioned that I might be able to then buy the car from the insurance company. Title would show car as totaled. What I want to know is if there is anyone in the New England area that would be interested in buying the car, either to repair, or for parts. I have decided that accident was a sign that it is time for me to give up the car. Mark-Marauder-A2.jpg

Sorry you experienced this issue. Let me know your approach going forward. I may be interested in the car as in its entirety.

Joe.
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

Was there a lot of damage not visible in the photo? Just looked to be a busted headlight, turn signal assembly and scratched up bumper. Doesn't seem right to allow an insurance company to total a car that could be repaired with aftermarket version of those parts still found through eBay and bodywork/paint job. So depressing that these otherwise clean-title cars are being taken off the streets with little interest in saving them.

Best,
    Eric

2003 Mercury Marauder (Black)
    2012 Ford SVT Raptor Roushcharged (Black)

Once you have more info post up what you want for it. I'd think you'd have no problem selling it.

All - I will be going to the bodyshop on Monday, and will then have a clear idea of extent of damage (if any) beyond what is visible in the photo. P.S. New (three months) front tires.

private message sent .

ill pay you cash and come and get it let me know .

UPDATE: David Mark here 508-633-8061 damark51@gmail.com. Finally got answer today (Jan 30) from insurance company that car not being totaled out, so I can sell as is with clean title. I have received interest from several people. Working out how to manage this. If you want to see photos, go to maynardlifeoutdors.com and to Jan 13 entry. I also have a very detailed work estimate from the bodyshop, which I will be able to share with interested people before they make an offer. Car is at shop in town a bit west of Concord, MA. Top line details from the bodyshop estimate of $$5,432 are parts $$3,791. Body labor $995, paint labor $405, tax $237. Anyone who has access to an undamaged front end, especially if red, will be way under this. All the parts that were removed to assess the damage are with the car. Aside from the accident damage, 56,000 miles, not a smoker. rest of car in good condition. This has been parked outdoors since 2006, so some paint fade. Any questions email or call me direct.

If insurance will pay to fix,why aren't you having it fixed?I guess you decided to keep insurance check. Selling as is,How much?

Offers are against site rules. You must include a price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

if you are selling the vehicle you need to post a price . thank you .

Someone is going to get a decent deal and fix her up. Wished you were closer. If you cant strike a deal with any local buyers, i could have it shipped to kansas city. Depends on price of the car.
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

I decided at age 70 I could no longer drive the car as it deserved to be driven (a decision my father made a long time ago about his Porsche 911). Also, bodyshop had mad the estimate, but said it was not intending to try to find parts, given that Ford/Mercury had nothing to offer in way of parts. I am taking the insurance money (bodyshop estimate minus my deductable) and selling car as is. All parts taken off the car saved and go with car. If serious, contact me quickly.

Where in New England. I live on cape cod

Car is in Stow, MA (30 miles west of Boston). Again, photos of damage at maynardlifeoutdoors.com (January). If seriously interested act fast, as I have an offer and may have others soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information