Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LCM?

Mr. Man, just lmk when you're ready and I'll come take it out. It's only 2 screws and a few connectors. Easy enough to do in the driveway.

The LCM is just above and in front the diagnostic OBDII connector (just to the right of the steering column). On the front of the LCM are two grey connectors, depress the release latches and pull the connectors out of the LCM. Remove the two 7mm screws that hold the LCM to the bracket. Release the latch securing the LCM to the bracket. Push the LCM towards the firewall as you rotate the front of the LCM towards the roof.Once the LCM clears the bracket, pull it down and you can release the last electrical connector.

To reinstall, do the same steps in reverse.
    Last edited by fastblackmerc; 05-15-2020 at 06:30 AM. Reason: spell'in
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Grimrepairman View Post
    Mr. Man, just lmk when you're ready and I'll come take it out. It's only 2 screws and a few connectors. Easy enough to do in the driveway.
    Will take you up on that in the near future. Can meet you at Frank's and buy you lunch. Drive home for me would only be one easy left turn, so as long as the brake lites work I'd be willing to drive over for lunch. I'll PM you when I'm ready to see when we can meet up.

FBM.. Mines in the mail (should go out today). Sent you a PM. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 300A
    Built: 10/22/02
    XCal2 by Lidio
    K&N CAI #63-1111
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    Stewart EMP Water pump
    Stainless Works long tube headers
    Random Tech high flow cats
    Super 44's
    Megs delete tips
    OEM Spoiler
    Progard
    Duplicolor red calipers
    20% Tint
    14.46 @ 97.08

5799 of 7839
    Made in Canada

Anybody else get the recall letter towards the LCM?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian H View Post
    Anybody else get the recall letter towards the LCM?
    Yes, don't let Ford hack it up. See member fastblackmerc
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by freakstatus View Post
    FBM.. Mines in the mail (should go out today). Sent you a PM. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got it. Will be back in the mail tomorrow.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Regarding this recall letter for 15S39, I was planning on getting this taken care of soon by the dealer and was going to request to Ford to order a new LCM instead of the fix of splicing into existing wires which I'm not a big fan of this. Do you think this will be an option?

No, it won't. New LCM is no different than old one. Ford fix is to get out of making a new LCM. If you can be without your car for 2-3 days. Pull it and send to member fastblackmerc

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I replaced all four relays in mine with the exact same ones back in like ‘09 and was told “it’ll fail again”.

LOL Still works perfect and already outlasted the originals by one and a half times.

Me thinks it was a bad run or bad solder..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    I replaced all four relays in mine with the exact same ones back in like ‘09 and was told “it’ll fail again”.

LOL Still works perfect and already outlasted the originals by one and a half times.

Me thinks it was a bad run or bad solder..

Of the hundreds of LCMs I've reworked I've never seen bad solder joints. In fact, the hardest thing is getting the existing solder out of the circuit board.

I have seen moderate to severe heat marks on the circuit board around the relay for the headlights that I believe is related to the excessive heat build up because the relay is under sized (10A) for the current drawn by the headlights. I've also disassembled the OEM headlight relay, finding severely pitted and burned contacts.

The longer you use the headlights the more damage is done to the undersized relays and your LCM will fail gain.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TED73 View Post
    Regarding this recall letter for 15S39, I was planning on getting this taken care of soon by the dealer and was going to request to Ford to order a new LCM instead of the fix of splicing into existing wires which I'm not a big fan of this. Do you think this will be an option?
    I've asked the same thing of my local Ford dealer and according to the parts department there are no LCMs available.

I can repair your LCM for you. Comes with a life-of-the-vehicle warranty.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

LCM?

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Of the hundreds of LCMs I've reworked I've never seen bad solder joints. In fact, the hardest thing is getting the existing solder out of the circuit board.

I have seen moderate to severe heat marks on the circuit board around the relay for the headlights that I believe is related to the excessive heat build up because the relay is under sized (10A) for the current drawn by the headlights. I've also disassembled the OEM headlight relay, finding severely pitted and burned contacts.

The longer you use the headlights the more damage is done to the undersized relays and your LCM will fail gain.
    You said this a decade ago Jim.

Last edited by justbob; 05-12-2020 at 07:46 PM.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I can repair your LCM for you. Comes with a life-of-the-vehicle warranty.
    Is the LCM easy to remove? To be honest, I haven't looked into this in detail.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information