Thread: center gauge lights not working

Blog Entries

center gauge lights not working

Is there a way to replace the bulbs

Yes, you have to remove the center gauge, pull out the connectors in the back of the gauges. When you remove the center gauge, you will want to place the shifter as far as possible to "1", then firmly grasp both sides of the center gauge and gently pull up and out straight towards the center console. When I did it, I placed small hand towels on the center console and shifter so that way, if I was too rough, I wouldn't scratch the interior. If you do it firmly but gently, you won't break any of the clips holding the center gauge in place. Then replace the bulbs and put the center gauge back in. This may be a good time to upgrade to LED bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Is there a way to replace the bulbs
    I can supply the LEDs bulbs if you are interested.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Blog Entries
    Sure, let me know how to get the LEDs, I also thought about actually switching the fake oil pressure to a real one. Still trying to bring it back to life. Today I'm doing oil and coolant still want to do trans filter and diff fluid. The other day when I brought it home the check engine light came on and it was the egr. Replaced it. But as I went to park it, I turned it off and when I went to turn it back on.....I heard a clunk, and it was dead no power just the alarm light flashing. I disconnected the battery and then it came back to life. Wondering if it has some sort of ignition kill aftermarket alarm. Friday's project will be to swap the damaged door. I have an led kit I bought off amazon but I think those are just the overhead and mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Sure, let me know how to get the LEDs, I also thought about actually switching the fake oil pressure to a real one. Still trying to bring it back to life. Today I'm doing oil and coolant still want to do trans filter and diff fluid. The other day when I brought it home the check engine light came on and it was the egr. Replaced it. But as I went to park it, I turned it off and when I went to turn it back on.....I heard a clunk, and it was dead no power just the alarm light flashing. I disconnected the battery and then it came back to life. Wondering if it has some sort of ignition kill aftermarket alarm. Friday's project will be to swap the damaged door. I have an led kit I bought off amazon but I think those are just the overhead and mirrors.
    PM me for details
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thread Information