Thread: Marauder Value IncreaseNot sure

Marauder Value IncreaseNot sure

Not sure if this has been posted.
    If it has disregard.
    https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...end_Newsletter
    Name: Bruiser.
    4 doors - no waiting.
    2004 Mercury Marauder, BLACK w/Charcoal.
    Built 09/04/03
    #261 of 1236 Blacks, 3213 total for 2004
    (Thanks RoyLPita)
    Purchased 10/23/2003
    Adopted 04/25/2004

Hot seats, 6 disc, trunk org, spoiler, avic f90bt & xm, ts-d802 speaks, bumper inserts, pedal and sill covers, 23% tint, 8000k hi/lo hid's & fogs, pro-guard, c.a.i., Xcal2, u.d. pulleys, emp pump, 180 t-stat, autolite 103 plugs, cop connects, coil covers, converter, aluminum pan & cooler, intake spacer, 4.10's, girdle, sway bars, control arms, head cooling kit, shorty headers w/ x pipe, dead pedal, budget big brakes.

"Come with me if you want to live
    ".

I’m not buying it one bit. The only time the market was high was back in 2003-07. It was more easier and cheaper to get a Marauder in 2008+. Insurance companies value it as a grand marquis.
    300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Webasto Aftermarket Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints
    Fresh Black Paint & PVD Chrome

Stainless Works Headers & Full Cat Mandrel Exhaust System w/Magnaflow 11229 Mufflers, Martyo Tune & Coolant Mod, Steeda UDP, Stewart WP, JLT CAI & Catch Can, J-Mod, UHaul Pan, Rebuild 4R70W, Dynotech 4' 6061, Forced Lube Mod, 31 Ford Spline Axles, 31 Cobra Carrier w/CF Clutchs, Ford Racing 4.10, TA Girdle & Stud Kit, Carfixer Alignment & SPC Camber Bolts, Ridetech HQ Front Coilovers w/ADTR extended bracket & ADTR Rear HQ Shocks, Arnott P2936 A/C & A-2220 Bags, Gorilla Lock, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Tires, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link, Addco F/R Sway Bars, SS Brake Lines, AutoMeter Digital Oil & Volt Gauge, Full VLED Interior/Exterior, Alpine ILX-507, PKG-M780 Headrest Monitors, MRP-F300, R-S65C.2 & R-S68 Speakers, HCE-C1100 & KTX-C10LP Camera System, Viper DS4 & DSM550 GPS SmartStart System, Yellow Optima, BIG III & 200 Amps Alt

I read that article also..It's obvious that OP doesn't believe...It made me think about getting back into a MM...BTW...Let's hope they are right...

Hagerty 's value and getting people to pay it are two different things. Let's hope it could help those with insurance claims
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I don't know if it will be a "super classic" but this car has held value like few in its' date range. Since most of us will NEVER sell our baby, it's only conjecture and hopefully as eloquently as RubberCityRauder stated, "I hope it helps with those insurance claims!" BOOM! Yes! That's what will matter much more to the majority of us.
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

This one is pulling decent money...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ry-marauder-8/
    Trilogy #146!!! Self-Installed with a little help!

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Hagerty 's value and getting people to pay it are two different things. Let's hope it could help those with insurance claims
    Gotta agree with you on this Mark.The only thing this article is going to do is make guys with totaled, multi owner,salvage title clapped out cars that sat outside their entire life believe they are sitting on a gold mine. In reality this article may pertain to a very small percentage of these cars that are low mileage garage queens in pristine condition.

The article may have affected my insurance company's decision. After accident and IC assessor saw it and bodyshop then submitted a higher estimate for the repair (revised total $5,432), I was told on phone weeks ago that the car was being totaled out. But today, IC reversed that and deemed it repairable. My DTR low mileage (56K) but always parked outside (no garage). Because of the reversal, clean title. Listing it here in Classifieds, so will see what gives. I am just glad that it will probably go to someone who will repair/drive it rather than salvage title repairable or salvage title parts.

Car sold to mercurymarauder.net member
    Last edited by DavidnotMD; 02-04-2020 at 08:47 PM.

I also saw the article about the increase in value for MMs...sounds great if it happens as I have been waiting for such a thing to FINALLY happen with our beloved vehicles...I am the second owner for the last decade of an '04 DTR, 25K miles, garage queen that has never been
    in the rain (first owner was an older gent in Wichita Falls, Texas who rarely drove the MM and so finally his wife, after buying a new car, told him to either sell it or start parking it out of HER garage...he sold it) and I only drive it on pretty, sunny days into downtown (Wimberley, Texas) or to car shows in this area...and I have done a ton of things to it both to add to driving enjoyment and appearance wise...and have thought several times about selling it ... so if i get to that point, I am very happy it the value on our MMs goes up...
    as least some...if it happens. These vehicles are great fun and every time i drive mine to the stores downtown or to a car show I get the same first question..."what kind of a car is that?"

I saw this on the good ol' Facebook and had to laugh a bit at the comment section since it was filled with guys that have the 150,XXX+ miles cars that were described above and now they think they are sitting on gold. I would love to see the value go up but like most here I have no intention of selling mine, ever. I think the big issue here is demand, look at the cars from the 60's and 70's right now and you will see insane values for Mustangs, Camaros, etc. but you can still pick up a reasonably nice Marauder from that era on the cheap. If that generation of Marauder isn't pulling a premium I don't think the 03/04 cars are in any danger of becoming a hot commodity anytime soon. Just my amateur thoughts.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
    Former Owner: Joe Walsh

2015 Mustang GT PP
    Guard Metallic Exterior

2018 F-150 King Ranch
    2WD, 3.5 EcoBeast

Quote Originally Posted by Logan86 View Post
    I saw this on the good ol' Facebook and had to laugh a bit at the comment section since it was filled with guys that have the 150,XXX+ miles cars that were described above and now they think they are sitting on gold. I would love to see the value go up but like most here I have no intention of selling mine, ever. I think the big issue here is demand, look at the cars from the 60's and 70's right now and you will see insane values for Mustangs, Camaros, etc. but you can still pick up a reasonably nice Marauder from that era on the cheap. If that generation of Marauder isn't pulling a premium I don't think the 03/04 cars are in any danger of becoming a hot commodity anytime soon. Just my amateur thoughts.
    Your right about some of the sale values of 60's era muscle cars IF they are a special model. Convertible Challenger with a Hemi-Bill Gates money. No frills automatic 6cyl can be had for pretty cheap. Same goes for Mustangs, Camaros etc. One down side with the Marauder is it never got a chance to expands its lineage. No factory blower w/ a manual. No engine choices or special codes that meant something like R-codes Mustangs, or RS, SS packages in Camaros etc. Only real choice Marauder owners got that might mean something is color choice. Perhaps Blue Marauders or Black Marauders with Lt. Flint interiors might become more desirous because of their rarity. Time will tell.

Thread Information