7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bald tires

2 28.57%
  • Dry rotted tires

5 71.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which do you choose?

Which do you choose?

It is a beautiful clear day, about 60 degrees. You wake up late for work, as a hostage negotiator you must make it on time or people will die, no sick days for you. You hustle to get ready and head to your garage and take a look at your two marauders. Your heart sinks knowing that a hard day at the strip has left you in a bad situation for the 10 mile trip.
    One marauder has dry rotted rear tires.
    The other has dangerously bald rear tires.
    You how have leave NOW. Which do you choose?
    "Come to me, Superman! I defy you! Come and kneel before Zod! Zod! "

Neither, I drive my Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Get ride with Darren
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Call the sniper. Tell him to take the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Get ride with Darren
    Hell yeah, you and me and a bed full of Dutch rudders.

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Easy. Bald tires since that’s all I’ve been riding on anyways for the last two seasons..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

i got my marauder going sideways down the interstate going 50 mph on slick tires in light rain, saved it, hit nothing. changed my pants when i got home, after immediate exit on to city streets, doing 25 mph.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKWHEAT View Post
    i got my marauder going sideways down the interstate going 50 mph on slick tires in light rain, saved it, hit nothing. changed my pants when i got home, after immediate exit on to city streets, doing 25 mph.
    Try sideways at 115 on dry pavement (test drive after tune on closed course in Mexico)

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Which do you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Try sideways at 115 on dry pavement (test drive after tune on closed course in Mexico)

I did that too, a drag race in Mexico, racing a warmed over M5, I hit 3rd and blew the tires off, almost took out the beemer ,and had to replace my lower seat cover, switched to DR’a right after that, had to toy with pressure to make it semi hook, I loved going to Mexico.....

2004 Silver Birch
    Build Date 3/19/04
    Adopted on 10/19/07
    Seq#2102 of 3214
    #681 of 997 SBs
    #154 of 336 SBs with the moonroof
    Thanks Brian
    Member of The 100K Club 11/20/11
    Options-
    moonroof-heated seats-6-disc changer-trunk organizer-rear spoiler-mercury all weather mats
    Mods-Extras-Bling-
    Action Automotive-SS Inserts
    Auto Meter 4327 Oil Pressure Gauge
    Badgeless Grille(Thanks 03 Merc)
    Big Mike's Performance-"Sto n Sho" License Plate Holder
    Dead Pedal(Thanks lji372)
    Curless's Pedal Gear Repair
    Cruzer's-Arm Rest
    EATC Ungrade(Thanks JACook)
    Escape/Audiophile Radio Upgrade(Thanks shodude)
    Ford Racing M-7195-AOD Aluminum Trans Pan
    Innovative Interceptors-God's Head Valve Stem Covers
    J-Mod Valve Body
    K&N Performance Intake Kit{CAI}
    LCM Upgrade(Thanks Fastblackmerc)
    Marty-O Fender Badges, Tune & 4:10s
    Panther Lights HID Headlights
    Pro-gard Skid Plate
    Rear Cooling Head Mod
    Visteon Sirius Satellite Radio Setup(Thanks RoyLita)
    Weather Tech-Side Window Deflectors

I miss doing 'comparative speed evaluations' ...... in Mexico, of course!
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

"... M5, I hit 3rd and blew the tires off,"
    What powered the M5?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Maurader # 27
    VIN 600045
    Built - March 12, 2002
    No exhaust baffles

6 CD changer
    Trunk Organizer

1991 Notchback
    351W, Vortec S trim
    Viper 6 speed
    "GOES'TENS"

Quote Originally Posted by cmalo View Post
    "... M5, I hit 3rd and blew the tires off,"
    What powered the M5?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    No clue, it’s wasn’t stock for certain, aftermarket exhaust and other visible mods gave that away.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    No clue, it’s wasn’t stock for certain, aftermarket exhaust and other visible mods gave that away.

Those M5’s, even the M3’s are no joke when modded. I remember one night in Mexico I had a very purty M3 that sounded beyond wicked run my old Trilogy/456RWHP/430 gear/automatic set up which was a pretty good street set up and I swear it couldn’t have been any more even of a match up in the 4 or 5 lights we lined up on..

We actually called it quits and met up in a parking lot in America and talked shop. Cool young foreigner guy, appeared to be Italian, huge car guy with deep pockets and certainly knew his way around the engine bay both new euro and old American. He pretty much had every bolt on dreamable thrown at his but admitted it was an all but impossible car to launch still due to the launch control.

Even after his new $92,000 investment he wasn’t shocked at how well the Marauder refused to back down once he did a tour of it. He was actually more taken back on how clean and well put together it was and admired the dedication.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    Hell yeah, you and me and a bed full of Dutch rudders.

We need a third for Dutch rudders
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information