Thread: Grey Marauder mats, never installed-factory prototypes

Grey Marauder mats, never installed-factory prototypes

Bought these a number of years back from an individual who worked as a supplier in Ford's program. I had bought two sets-one in black and one in grey. These were prototypes from 2002 and are dated January 2002 and noted on the backs as approved. Can't imagine there's many of these in circulation.

New, never installed. I would guess that Ford was working on finalizing interior colors for the production cars, but this would also coincide with the time period for the Marauder convertible concept at the Chicago Auto Show.

$500 plus shipping, or local pick up in Fort Wayne area.

I'll be listing quite a few more things-hanging onto my DTR, but I'll be selling a lot of parts I had for my son's long since totalled DBP. Gotta make room for new projects.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2004 DTR 45k, zach tune, jlt cai, chromed rims
    2003 DBP 145k, stainless works headers/exhaust, 4.10 rear, k&n cai, lidio tune, dual fuel cng system-RIP, drivetrain going into Auburn kit car

Did either of the sets match the production carpet color? This set looks lighter in color than the production carpet color.

52 Ford F1 truck (302 V8 WIP)
    58 Pontiac Parisienne
    93 Mustang Cobra (stock)
    03 Mercury Marauder
    03 Lincoln Town Car
    05 Dodge Magnum (Hemi)
    05 F150 FX4
    15 Porsche Cayenne S

The other set I had matched the color of what they would up using on the production models, but the mats had two different fonts on them. They were marked "retain" on the back like the grey mats, but weren't marked "approved" like the greys. The black mats also had an earlier date on them (2001). Maybe they were looking for a different interior color for if they went with a 2005? I looked at pics of the convertible concept to see if it was the same color interior as our production models, and it looks like it is. Some of the early press release stuff I have seems to indicate two interior colors-I'll look through and see if I can't scan it. I've attached a couple pics of the front and back of the black set-IIRC I sold it to someone on here several years back.black mats.jpgback of mats.jpg

2004 DTR 45k, zach tune, jlt cai, chromed rims
    2003 DBP 145k, stainless works headers/exhaust, 4.10 rear, k&n cai, lidio tune, dual fuel cng system-RIP, drivetrain going into Auburn kit car

I have a set of the gray one also. Mine say prototype on the back and I believe mine are written with a white paint pen on the backside from 2002. They would match a light interior 03 sport.
    I'm sitting in it right now and it's interior carpet is much lighter then the Mercury marauder
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

I'm guessing they were thinking of doing a lighter color carpet and corresponding interior panels with the light flint seats.

The LF seats always did look like they were "swapped in" as an after thought to me.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Thread Information