Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEED replacement key fob/advice how to replace

NEED replacement key fob/advice how to replace

Since the “SEARCH” function here stinks...

any help or advice to replace would be appreciated. I see TONs that look like the originals on eBay, but don’t want to buy something that won’t work. Also, must I go to Ford dealer to program?

Thanks in advance!

I bought one off of eBay that was included with a Mercury key blank. Ended up buying a key fob from the local dealer for $55 and having both new key fob and eBay key blank programmed to my car for another $50. Local Ace hardware cut the key to match.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

I bought a couple generic ones off amazon, programming is easy, starting with the key off, turn it on/off 8 times, ending in the run position, the locks will lock/unlock, press the lock button on your new fob, locks will lock, turn the key off and your done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Thanks guys for the replies. I’ll give it a try and see how I do.

I beleive they are still available at your local Ford dealer. The E-bay FOBS seem to be somewhat hit or miss.
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

BackNBlack,

Not sure that this is your problem as I'm thinking you're after a complete FOB that would need programming, but I'll throw this out there: A few months ago, the key-ring attachment point broke. A few weeks later I found a replacement black-colored fob clam-shell at the counter of Advanced Auto that looked almost identical except for hollowed out pictograms. (See image) It was easy to switch out the internals from one FOB to the new one. Now I use that as my primary FOB and keep my 1 remaining original for safe keeping. For what it's worth, if memory serves, I believe they also offered complete FOBs ready for programming. The whole solution was very affordable. I think it cost me less than $10.

Black5Projects
    2003 Mercury Marauder, black, 95XXX miles
    2012 Ford F150 Roush Raptor
    Mercury Marauder Key Fobs 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Black5Projects View Post
    BackNBlack,

Not sure that this is your problem as I'm thinking you're after a complete FOB that would need programming, but I'll throw this out there: A few months ago, the key-ring attachment point broke. A few weeks later I found a replacement black-colored fob clam-shell at the counter of Advanced Auto that looked almost identical except for hollowed out pictograms. (See image) It was easy to switch out the internals from one FOB to the new one. Now I use that as my primary FOB and keep my 1 remaining original for safe keeping. For what it's worth, if memory serves, I believe they also offered complete FOBs ready for programming. The whole solution was very affordable. I think it cost me less than $10.

Black5Projects
    2003 Mercury Marauder, black, 95XXX miles
    2012 Ford F150 Roush Raptor
    Mercury Marauder Key Fobs 1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastbob View Post
    I beleive they are still available at your local Ford dealer. The E-bay FOBS seem to be somewhat hit or miss.
    Thanks...that actually IS/WAS the issue. I ordered a couple off ebay...we'll see if I "hit" or "miss'

Thanks for the answers.

https://www.amazon.com/Keyless-Linco...rcury+Marauder

$15 on Amazon

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

I bought my extra Mercury key blank many years ago on ebay. Had finally got around to trying to get it cut and IPATs programmed a few months ago. Osh (before they went out of business) wouldn't cut it because it didn't fit in their machine and I didn't want to buy one of their generic programmable keys. Ended up just going to a stealership during a regular mainenance visit, and they cut and programmed it on the cheap. Works good.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I bought a couple generic ones off amazon, programming is easy, starting with the key off, turn it on/off 8 times, ending in the run position, the locks will lock/unlock, press the lock button on your new fob, locks will lock, turn the key off and your done.

I did get a generic fob. I'll try this method to see if it works.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

I received my FOB(s) from an eBay purchase. I have tried EVERYTHING to program them with NO SUCCESS. I can get the locks to “Cycle” with 4 quick Off to RUN CLICKS OF THE KEY ENDING ON RUN. I PUSH ONE OF THE BUTTONS ON THE FOB(s) *i got 4 of them...but NO LUCK GETTING THEM TO PROGRAM!

i opened one with a coin to check for battery...in there, no problem, but this is getting infuriating!

any thoughts other than “you’re DOING it WRONG”! TWSS

The only thing that comes to mind is that 4 remotes are programmed into the system and need removed first. I know I can remove them with IDS, I don’t believe you can program over them if they are already in the DDM.

Thanks for the reply. I understand the “4 remote limit”. The ONLY key fobs the car has are the two originals. I only have my hands on one of the original 2 (spare key, Valet key & extra FOB packed in a box “somewhere”).

I purchased 2 sets of 2 FOBS =4 from what seemed like a reputable eBay seller who has sold 500+ FOBs before, with 100% rating...total price $16.XX shipped. The car “cycles” on the 4th key from OFF to ON...leaving in ON, I push one of the button on one of the NEW FOBs...and NOTHING!

Needless to say, after a couple dozen tries, getting REAL frustrating. Probably just need to ask someone else, who’s not pissed off about it, do it at this point...as I DON’T seem to “have the touch”

oh...and ORIGINAL FOB from 2002 STILL WORKS, so it didn’t “de-program”...

*steaming MAD*

Quote Originally Posted by BackNBlack View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I understand the “4 remote limit”. The ONLY key fobs the car has are the two originals. I only have my hands on one of the original 2 (spare key, Valet key & extra FOB packed in a box “somewhere”).

I purchased 2 sets of 2 FOBS =4 from what seemed like a reputable eBay seller who has sold 500+ FOBs before, with 100% rating...total price $16.XX shipped. The car “cycles” on the 4th key from OFF to ON...leaving in ON, I push one of the button on one of the NEW FOBs...and NOTHING!

Needless to say, after a couple dozen tries, getting REAL frustrating. Probably just need to ask someone else, who’s not pissed off about it, do it at this point...as I DON’T seem to “have the touch”

oh...and ORIGINAL FOB from 2002 STILL WORKS, so it didn’t “de-program”...

*steaming MAD*
    Do you have Forscan software?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    Do you have Forscan software?

nope...I’m circumcised...

*EL OH EL...i have no idea what that is...so no...don’t have it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information