Thread: Alignment Specs - Please check me

Alignment Specs - Please check me

I had the tire shop realign my car today when I got the new rears and they rotated the directional fronts and rebalanced them. I have Carfixers specs on file there, but I don’t think the tech followed them. (My camber is fully adjustable by the way.). I didn’t check the alignment sheet till I got home. The fronts have been wearing OK, but the “before” specs were way negative on the toe for some reason, and he addressed that anyway.

I’m hoping we have an alignment guy here who can tell me what these specs mean in light of Carfixers specs:

LF Camber -1.00 degrees
    RF Camber -0.46 degrees
    (Carfixer calls for 0 to -.3 degrees; concerned why L and R are different.)

LF Caster 5.37 degrees
    RF Caster 5.80 degrees
    (Within Carfixer specs except he calls for a .3 degree lead on the right side and this is .43)

LF Toe -0.6mm
    RF Toe -0.7mm
    (Carfixer calls for 0 degrees)

Total toe before WAS -4.4mm with 0.00 steer ahead, now total toe is -1.3mm with 0.01 steer ahead.

My SOTP feel is that it handles OK, but the slight pull to the right seems like its back. That’s only 3 miles of slow driving though.

I’m trying to get an idea of how that LF Camber will affect wear with the fairly moderate toe on that side.

Thanks for any input on these numbers. I’ll drive it for a couple days and wait to get any forum feedback before assuming the worst and taking it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Svashtar; 02-27-2020 at 12:39 AM.
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Carfixers specs:

For best tire wear, here is what I use on all MM alignments:
    Camber: 0 to -.3 degrees.*
    Toe: Zero degrees.
    Caster: 5-6.5 degrees positive with .3 degree lead on the right side.

*Camber can affect cornering feel. The more negative camber you have, the better it will handle corners. Most drivers will never feel the difference, especially on the street.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Alignment Specs - Please check me

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Carfixers specs:

For best tire wear, here is what I use on all MM alignments:
    Camber: 0 to -.3 degrees.*
    Toe: Zero degrees.
    Caster: 5-6.5 degrees positive with .3 degree lead on the right side.

*Camber can affect cornering feel. The more negative camber you have, the better it will handle corners. Most drivers will never feel the difference, especially on the street.
    Yes, thanks for reposting them, but those Carfixer specs were already included in my post for reference.

The question (for an alignment person) is how they think my tires will wear with the specs they just gave it, considering the toe is minimal and the camber varies left to right? I don’t know enough about the relationship between camber and toe to estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Svashtar; 02-28-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Thread Information