Thread: Florida Highway Patrol Marauders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Florida Highway Patrol Marauders

Who has these cars? What’s the story behind them?

Dennis Reinhart, Reinhart Automotive, Orange Park, Florida (http://www.reinhartautomotive.com), recently completed dramatic modifications on 27 new 2004 Mercury Marauders for the Florida Highway Patrol, transforming the family cars into high-performance, unmarked pursuit vehicle muscle cars capable of sustaining speeds up to 150 mph. The FHP's new fleet of stealth vehicles is the agency's highest profile enforcement tool to deter and apprehend aggressive drivers (http://www.fhp.state.fl.us).

Reinhart's 20-year reputation for custom, high-performance work among automotive dealers in the Ft. Lauderdale area caught the attention of the FHP in late 2004 when it was looking to empower its aggressive driving program with covert pursuit vehicles capable of maintaining the top speeds of aggressive highway drivers and their supercharged cars.

Reinhart's modifications include: upper engine cooling, upgrades to front brake rotors and installation of KVR carbon fiber brake pads on all four wheels to increase brake stopping abilities and prevent pedal fade; SCT Super Chips Custom Tuning to remove the top speed limiter and allow additional horsepower; installation of Dynotech Composite Metal Matrix Drive Shafts with special lubrication, spun balanced to more than 6000 rpm, to allow sustained speeds of 150 mph without vibration; installation of ADDCO rear sway bars to enhance high speed stability and limit body roll; and replacement of stock oil pressure gauges with completely functional Auto-Meter Gauges, which read from 0 to 80 pounds, and alert drivers to premature oil failure.

The fleet took to the Florida highways in January 2005 also equipped with tinted windows, digital radars, covert lighting packages and state-of-the-art audio/video recording systems. Each FHP officer assigned to a Marauder, now sporting 270+ rear-wheel horsepower (a 20+ percent increase from stock horsepower), was hand-picked to drive the vehicle, and completed a 3-day training class at the FHP training facility in Tallahassee.

Other references:

*In case the image is a no-show ... <PIC>

I have an old calendar with a couple of those photos in it.

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I have an old calendar with a couple of those photos in it.
    Nice!
    I just included my 2003? FHP w/Marauders calendar along with a bunch of collectibles sold to a MM.net member.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Thread Information