Thread: Choices

Choices

Good afternoon. Brand new to this forum so if my questions are dumb.....oh, well. I do not own a Marauder currently but i have been a huge fan of the Panther Platform for many years, having used them for work for decades. I am hoping to gain insight as to the advantages of a 2003 or 2004 Marauder. I know that the 2004 Marauder had what has been described as an “upgraded transmission” but is the difference worthwhile? I would also like to add a supercharger at some point for no other reason than i believe it would be fun. Is one model or year or another better suited for this modification? Does the addition of a modest supercharger have a large impact on longevity? I typically keep my cars for at least a decade or more.

Not all that much of a difference in trans. Certainly not worth the trade off of the lack of seat pockets, auto fuel door, auto parking brake release, and whatever others I can’t remember on the ‘04’s. I couldn’t even imagine one without seat pockets..

Biggest issue was early ‘03’s had some bad paint prep on the roofs. Mines fine but has always lived in a garage. I’ve seen plenty that didn’t fare so well at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Paladin

Welcome to the forum! I am in Pleasant Hill with a 03 DPB. No issues on my paint at all, but she lives in the garage and is only out on sunny clean days. I have a tune and a J-mod (previous owner), and the car scoots.

Not many Marauders for sale in CA right now ...and the only one I saw is no longer listed on Craigslist or Autotrader.

I don't know about the SuperCharger at all ... to rich for my blood considering the CARB restrictions. Thinking about getting into a '11 or newer S197 mustang GT convertible manual. Seem to be quite rare ... but they are a mustang that my 10 year old can wrench on, modify etc ...
    Previous
    2003 DPB 232 fo 328.

ADTR.net in California has CARB legal supercharger for Marauder..$$$$$. plus they sell numerous panther upgrades.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Welcome.
    One additional advantage of '03 is no traction control to turn off.
    Supercharging if done correctly should have little to no effect on longevity. I purchased my car with the supercharger already installed. To my knowledge it was installed for over 10 years and 100k miles. Engine still runs perfectly fine, plenty of oil pressure, no smoke or other issues.
    In my opinion it gives the car the power and "attitude" it should have had from the factory.
    Good luck and hope you find what you're looking for.
    2003 300a Trilogy #? 4.10s
    2000 Excursion limited v10
    1997 F350 7.3 5spd 4x4 (service truck)
    1992 Taurus SHO vortec SC 5spd
    1971 GMC 2500 pickup
    1971 GMC 2500 suburban 4x4
    1967 Camaro (basket case)

Thread Information