Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marauder Body Parts Scarce

Lightbulb Marauder Body Parts Scarce

I had to take my 300A into the body shop, after getting caught in a Texas hail storm, and slightly crashing the left front end, requiring a new rubber bumper cover ( $1150). What the body shop assumed to be a 3 day job, has taked twice as long. Why ? Parts. Parts, especially those unique to the Marauder, are getting harder and harder to find. In the next few years, we will really have problems replacing Marauder parts, as I doubt Ford will continue making them forever. It's good to see that Logan has gathered a good bunch of vendors, yet most are for hi-perf. parts. I did notice " The Dealer " member has allot of parts, like Marauder floor mats and a few other stock parts.

Jim Williams
    Ft.Worth, Tx
    Jim Williams
    Ft.Worth, Republic of Texas

I hope that cover ain't coming out of your wallet. That's list price... I can get that bumper for ALOT cheaper than that.

Regarding parts availability, the regional distribution centers don't stock the marauder body parts, they're stored up in Detroit I believe, so any Marauder specific body component is coming from there.

This isn't an availability issue. Don't present it as one. It's called SHIPPING. That takes a couple days...

Yeesh.

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    ...they're stored up in Detroit I believe, so any Marauder specific body component is coming from there.
    Yeesh.
    So be nice to the Motor City crew if you want your Marauder parts to make it to you...there will of course be a slight compensation paid to the Motor City Marauders Retirement Fund payable upon safe reciept of your Marauder parts. Unfortunately lots of terrible accidents can happen to Marauder parts that are not protected properly...10% is a small price to pay for peace of mind!

Joshua, Texas (between Burleson & Cleburne)

Lone Star Cougar Club

Jim,
    we've got to get you signed in to the club. Your parts discount on this one part probably would have paid for several years dues.

Lightbulb Parts

Yup, I know. This was an insurance job, so I am only out my deductable. The point of the post was to alert the membership of the fact that replacement body parts may become real scarce in the near future with Mercury no longer making the Marauder ( at least for now ).

Jim W Williams
    Ft. Worth, Tx
    Jim Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MI2QWK4U
    So be nice to the Motor City crew if you want your Marauder parts to make it to you...there will of course be a slight compensation paid to the Motor City Marauders Retirement Fund payable upon safe reciept of your Marauder parts. Unfortunately lots of terrible accidents can happen to Marauder parts that are not protected properly...10% is a small price to pay for peace of mind!
    I thought it was "The Mach 1 fund"

Like I said, and also told the body shop guys, it's gonna take a bit longer than 3 days to do the work ! They wrongly assumed that parts availability for the MM was like any car. Now they are learning otherwise.
    Jim Williams

Jim, I posted something similar to this many months ago, wondering how long parts will be available after this car is no longer in production. It's good to know, like Logan said, that Detroit still has parts, I just hope that they keep a good stockpile once they stop making this car.
    2003 MM 300A
    Born June 18, 2002
    Adopted Christmas Eve, 2002
    First Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 81,000 miles
    Second Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 101,000 miles
    Ford Racing 4.10's
    Reinhart/XCal2 Custom Tune
    Reinhart Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Conical Air Filter
    Reinhart Exhaust with 18" Magnaflows
    Silencer Removed
    Bosch Micro Edge Excel Wiper Blades
    Bob White Red Bumper Inserts
    Lone Star Beer in cup holder
    Fellowship of Christian Cowboys
    license plate bracket

God and the soldier we adore, In times of danger, not before.
    The danger gone, the trouble righted, God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Cynicism is the smoke rising from the ashes of burned out dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by mungce
    I had to take my 300A into the body shop, after getting caught in a Texas hail storm, and slightly crashing the left front end, requiring a new rubber bumper cover ( $1150). What the body shop assumed to be a 3 day job, has taked twice as long. Why ? Parts. Parts, especially those unique to the Marauder, are getting harder and harder to find. In the next few years, we will really have problems replacing Marauder parts, as I doubt Ford will continue making them forever. It's good to see that Logan has gathered a good bunch of vendors, yet most are for hi-perf. parts. I did notice " The Dealer " member has allot of parts, like Marauder floor mats and a few other stock parts.

Jim Williams
    Ft.Worth, Tx

Jim, I am a Lincoln Mercury Dealer in Phila. Pa. I can get all Ford and Lincoln Mercury Parts.

Logan is somewhat correct. It's not a supply problem, it's just that it takes time to ship. Ford Motor Co. has 79 bumpers instock. NY has 3, DC has 21,
    Memphis has 17, Sacremento has 6, and the parts redistibution center in Mich. has 32. The average months demand is 35, so they have a two months supply. If your car was drivable they should have preordered the parts instead of letting your car sit. Most insurance companies won't pay for a rental car if it's waiting for parts and the car was drivable. My wife's car got hit while parked. My insurance company told me they would only pay for 3 days of rental, and recomended the shop preordered the parts.

I give up to 30% discount on Genuine Ford Parts. No SVO, Motorsport or Ford Racing parts, only orignal equipment.
    RAY

So where do I go to get an SVO 514 Crate motor??

My house - I'm chucking my motor and starting over

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

Question Thanks Ray

I had noticed your ads on Marauder net, so if and when the time comes, I will let my body people know who to contact.

How long do you think that we will have a good supply of body parts available for the Marauder, now that Ford had discontinued making it, again ?
    Jim Williams

It will all depend on demand.

Lightbulb Parts Demand

Yes, I quess your right about that. When the 300A first came out in the summer of 02, I had a parking lot hit and run, damaging some of the front end and bumper cover. When I took the MM to the best body shop on this side of Ft.Worth, the manager said " I don't know what it is about you Marauder guys, but this is the 5th one we have fixed already !" The only explanation I could come up with is that most of us have been driving front wheel drive cars, or SUVs and there is a MAJOR difference when driving a Marauder. I know from experience that the front end is much longer than it looks from inside. I was driving a SUV, so to get use to how big of a car I was driving, I would follow the PD around, or a GranMark, and it really did help me realise just how big our cars are.
    Jim Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    Regarding parts availability, the regional distribution centers don't stock the marauder body parts, they're stored up in Detroit I believe, so any Marauder specific body component is coming from there.
    Your right Logan. They ship most or all of their service parts to Detroit. As a Ford employee we ship our service parts to a place called Brownstown. It's where all stamping plants ship their metal body parts to be sold as replacement OEM parts. I know this first hand, because the line I work on has to tag out and quarentine the loads for Brownstown. My job is also to make sure they are 100% defect free; seeing as they don't have any salvage capabilities on site.
    Last edited by UAW 588; 06-23-2004 at 10:35 AM.
    Buy American because the job you may save, might be your own

2002 Ford Explorer XLT (Wife's Car)
    Build Date - September 11, 2001

2004 Marauder 300A (My Car)
    Silver Birch Metallic, Dark Charcoal Interior
    Build Date - September 19, 2003
    Delivered - October 2, 2003
    Purchased - November 24, 2003
    Heated Seats, 6 Disk CD Changer in trunk, Trunk Organizer,
    OEM Rear Spoiler, K&N Filter, Silencer Deleted
    GT Coil Covers w/ Thumb Screws

MY MARAUDER'S LIST OF BLING BLING