Thread: Who does what for gauges?

Who does what for gauges?

I'm finally getting back to my Eaton swap completion after a few year hiatus. Next up is mounting the gauges. So far, I have real oil pressure and trans temp in the center console and I have not removed the cigarette lighter.

I need to mount boost and wideband O2 gauges somewhere. I have a 3-gauge pod for the A pillar that I purchased a long time ago so if I go that route, I'll have and empty slot that I either have to plug or fill with another gauge.

What does/like what kinda setup? I've been contemplating the following and would like some advice since moving them after install seems like a hassle.

1) Install in A-pillar pod and leave one slot empty or fill with another gauge. Suggestions on what to fill with?
    2) Ditch the A-pillar pod altogether and mount on steering column. Not sure of mounting options or how in-the-way it will be.
    3) Ditch the A-pillar pod altogether and drill out the center console cigarette lighter to add boost gauge. I would then ditch the trans temp gauge and replace with wideband O2. I have a trans cooler installed and have been constantly monitoring the trans temp and it almost never gets above, 170°F and have never seen it over 185° even after hard driving in the hottest of weather. Because of this, I no longer consider the trans temp gauge necessary. What about oil pressure? That seems super important but by the time you notice an issue on the gauge, its probably too late anyways.

Ugh, first world problems.

I'm also not 100% I'm posting in the correct forum.
    2004 Silver Birch w/moonroof. "Isabelle"

Eaton swapped summer/fall 2015 with all the gooddies, tune by the one-and-only Marty-O +2psi pulley, Steigemeyer stage 6 port, SWLT, custom ss exhaust, Borla ProXS, Addco sway bars, TCE s/s brake hoses, Hawk HPS pads, Zack big brak kit, J-mod, battery in trunk, full custom audio (never used, blower whine sounds better)

To do list:
    HID headlights, LED interior/exterior, courtesy "3-flash" turn signals, widen wheels, rear deck wing, marauder stencil on cmhsl? bumper cover inserts? deck lid, steering whee, hood liner godshead, more power!

Here's mine, I will replace My water temp with a Fuel Pressure soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wanted mine in front of my eyes at all times. Putting less important gauges on the A-pillar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12
    CME HP Rear Control Arms & Watts Link 7/1/12
    ______________________________ ________________

Rex "SC Cheesehead" Weinbender 11-14-13
    Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum 8-6-2014

I had mine there originally but the lights blinking and lighting up in Your face all the time gets annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by 03Merc View Post
    I had mine there originally but the lights blinking and lighting up in Your face all the time gets annoying.

Yea I spray painted mine with some of the tail light tint spray and worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So fill up all three spots on the A pillar, drill out the extra spot on the console, AND mount the SCT... Got it!
    2004 Silver Birch w/moonroof. "Isabelle"

Eaton swapped summer/fall 2015 with all the gooddies, tune by the one-and-only Marty-O +2psi pulley, Steigemeyer stage 6 port, SWLT, custom ss exhaust, Borla ProXS, Addco sway bars, TCE s/s brake hoses, Hawk HPS pads, Zack big brak kit, J-mod, battery in trunk, full custom audio (never used, blower whine sounds better)

To do list:
    HID headlights, LED interior/exterior, courtesy "3-flash" turn signals, widen wheels, rear deck wing, marauder stencil on cmhsl? bumper cover inserts? deck lid, steering whee, hood liner godshead, more power!

Thread Information