Thread: options to eBay, for selling car parts??

options to eBay, for selling car parts??

eBay is good, but the fees are killer!!

what are other good popular sites for selling car parts?? And does that site have a feedback similar to eBay?? That is one great feature about eBay, I'll give em that.

I use FaceBook Marketplace, Offer Up and LetGo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Most forums use something called itrader for feedback.

just going to say this, it’s pretty fruit to buy things here and double or triple the price on eBay. This seems to be a big problem with this forum.

of what I see of OFFERUP, it may be worse than eBay!! 12.9% sell fees!!! 'May' let you advertise nationally....bs

I see a business opportunity for someone....

OfferUp doesn’t have any fees? They have a $20/month promoting fee for each item as an option and the traffic is GREATLY increased, but that’s all, otherwise free all day. That’s about all I use anymore.

Craigslist is a little more shady but people actually show up normally and don’t just give ridiculous offers at the very start of the conversation like OfferUp. I’ve probably had less stress using Craigslist but Offerup is too easy and free.

Letgo is a royal joke. Nothing but underage kids with big dreams it seems. At least for off road power sport toys that I normally buy/sell. I closed the account finally.

I tried getting a new FB account to only use marketplace. Apparently you aren’t welcome to join as a new member? Not sure what that’s about. Closed account after a month..

I refuse to ship so EBay is out.

I don’t understand the buying philosophy used so much today. Everything is price first without even seeing it! It’s so aggravating that I normally cut it up and toss it anymore..

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Hey JustB, so your personal experience has -0- fees for OfferUp. Their sites fine print says other wise. But the site does not say the 12.9% max fee applies to what type of item/transaction.
    And you have no experience at nationwide selling, and what those fees may be??

and other folks, what has been your experience with OfferUp. nationwide selling, and the fees..?? Thnx

i have been selling used car parts on ebay for a living for years. I have been selling off used car parts on websites for over 20 years. So the most annoying part about selling car parts is, each as ssshole wants photos, even if you list the greatest pictures, then they cant read. Even if you list every single aspect about the item, they still want to either chat about how you got it, or if you have more items. Then after wasting time listing on each platform, sending pictures to tire kickers.. then it gets cold. REAL COLD. They were bored and didnt want to buy it anyway. So i can only tell you from my experience of selling over 4000 items each year on ebay, that EBAY is the only way to go. Who cares about the 10-13% fee, and paypals 3% fee. Absorb that into the cost to the buyer, and make SURE you make them pay for shipping. If the item is described very well, if they have a complaint, they can ship the item back on THEIR dime.
    The problem listing on many different platforms, is you are wasting time. You gonna remember who what when where why for each site? Ebay sells, thats is a fact, you have a HUUUUUUGE audience vs fb marketplace and craigslist. .... Ebay is simple, list it, let it sit, 50 items sold a month no listing fee. If you open a store you can list 250 a month for 25 bucks plus fee's but the fee's drop to 10% plus you get 20% or so off in usps shipping...
    I can tell you, make sure to get the item. put it in a box, then get the weights and box size to estimate the shipping... or you will lose your azz..
    I sell about 70K a year on ebay, if you do not want to run it as a business, SELL YOUR PERSONAL ITEMS OFF YOUR CAR AND DO NOT RUN OVER $19,999.99 PER YEAR OR YOU WILL GET A 1099
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

well TurboB, you convinced me. Stick with eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas C Potter View Post
    Hey JustB, so your personal experience has -0- fees for OfferUp. Their sites fine print says other wise. But the site does not say the 12.9% max fee applies to what type of item/transaction.
    And you have no experience at nationwide selling, and what those fees may be??
    I’m not willing to ship if that’s what you’re asking? There is no account or any credit card on file to charge you anyways.

You could easily find my items from any state and purchase or I could trailer home a project car from across the country. Doesn’t matter, there is no way for them to charge you and this is the first I’ve ever heard of it out of 17 sales and 13 purchases since June of ‘17.

Like I mentioned earlier the only fee I’ve ever seen was the promoted item fee witch I used to sell a motorcycle for three months or so over the dead of winter. It really helped the sale and I made a pretty penny so the fees were more than justified.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thread Information