Thread: Too much oil?

Too much oil?

I think I mistakenly over filled my oil by half a quart during my last oil change and the oil level is a little above the MAX line on the dip stick. Should I be concerned and try to drain half a quart of oil somehow, or is half a quart within the tolerance of what it can handle?

Too much oil?

Drain the filter. Or put a new filter on and start it. See if it dropped down. I always put 6-6.5 quarts. I have a catch can installed so a little more is ok for Me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You should be fine like it is......a quart over FULL is not even a problem...as I recall Zack proved it!!
    No Marauder

You should be just fine. A couple of members have attested to this. Half a quart should be within tolerance and should not be enough to create any frothy oil or crankcase pressure issues.
    2003 Black 300A
    Adopted: 4/26/14

Mods:
    Mo's Tune - K&N CAI - 4.10 FOMOCO gears - Reische 170* T-stat - NGK TR6 Plugs - Flowmaster 40s - MuscleMerc's 3" Fuel Filter Mod - Addco Front and Rear Sway Bars - TCE SS Brake Lines - Cooper RS3-G1 - Factory Spoiler - SS Bumper Inserts

Thanks. I figured it was within tolerance, I just wanted to be sure.

Stock pan can hold 7 quarts before it goes over the top. And it’s still not hitting the crankshaft

Ive always filled with 7 qts, mainly because I don't like having the half quart sit around then I wonder if I have a half quart sitting around when I'm out buying oil. Plus I think this question was answered years ago?
    2004 Silver Birch w/moonroof. "Isabelle"

Eaton swapped summer/fall 2015 with all the gooddies, tune by the one-and-only Marty-O +2psi pulley, Steigemeyer stage 6 port, SWLT, custom ss exhaust, Borla ProXS, Addco sway bars, TCE s/s brake hoses, Hawk HPS pads, Zack big brak kit, J-mod, battery in trunk, full custom audio (never used, blower whine sounds better)

To do list:
    HID headlights, LED interior/exterior, courtesy "3-flash" turn signals, widen wheels, rear deck wing, marauder stencil on cmhsl? bumper cover inserts? deck lid, steering whee, hood liner godshead, more power!

Thread Information