Thread: Advice Requested: Ridetech HQ Front Coil Over System

Advice Requested: Ridetech HQ Front Coil Over System

Looking for advice. About two months ago my OEM right front coilover cracked and broke. The OEM ones are now obsolete and the dealer was only able to get the Grand Marquis option which make the car sit too high in the front. I honestly can't stand it and miss the rake and stance of how the car used to look. I am considering the RideTech HQ Front Coilover System. For those who installed the RideTech, did you experience any issues with installation or with adjusting the height to get the OEM rake once again? Thank you in advance.

People that have them don't set them to factory ride height, I didn't install mine, MO's did, but it doesn't get much straight forward. It is going to lower the car. How much will depend on your setting. Buy the spanner wrench as it doesn't come with. Plan in camber bolts too.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I just did my 06 gmq and it's pretty straightforward. You will need the camber kit. Initial drop is like 1.5-2" over factory. My setup came with the spanner. I went close to 3" drop on mine

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Marauder.jpg

I LOVE how mine sits...with the ORIGINAL set of QA1 Coilovers from Naake

http://www.naake.com/store/specials/mercury-marauder

I have the Ridetechs and its one of the best mods I've ever done to my car. I don't know if you can get it back to a stock ride height (which IIRC is 28.5" give or take build quality variances), maybe if you had the coil adjustment at the very top. My car is set at 27" which is a 1.5" drop over stock, you could at the very least go up to 27.5" which would be a 1" drop.

They will ride so much nicer and handle so much better than the factory springs. I just can't speak to how they'll handle salt brine after some time, I imagine they'll start getting crusty.

Send Chris @ adtr.net an email or message on facebook if you have any questions, he re-tuned my shock valving during drag week and really got everything dialed in for me. He is also the only guy you can get the adjustable rear shocks from which I'd suggest doing, it brought my rear end under control after lowering it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BackNBlack View Post
    Marauder.jpg

I LOVE how mine sits...with the ORIGINAL set of QA1 Coilovers from Naake

http://www.naake.com/store/specials/mercury-marauder

A lot of people who went with the Naake setup experienced blown out shocks back in the day, they were undersized for this application and simply do not last.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Are these the tools and kit I would need?

7888-110 - Spanner Wrench / Thrust Washer Kit
    http://www.naake.com/store/7888-110-..._name=7888-110

and

SPC Camber Kit Part # 87365
    https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...3&autoModClar=

Apparently, ridetech supplies spanner wrench, mine was done on 2017so maybe it didn't make the package.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    A lot of people who went with the Naake setup experienced blown out shocks back in the day, they were undersized for this application and simply do not last.
    Funny...mine have been on since 2004...

must be driver error.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Apparently, ridetech supplies spanner wrench, mine was done on 2017so maybe it didn't make the package.
    Chris included a wrench with my kit, IIRC if you order from ridetech direct the wrench is an add-on but I could be wrong

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Chris included a wrench with my kit, IIRC if you order from ridetech direct the wrench is an add-on but I could be wrong
    I bought direct from Ridetech so maybe that why.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    I bought direct from Ridetech so maybe that why.
    This is the tool Chris includes, works fine for me

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/m...BoCNqUQAvD_BwE

2063/3214

5377/7838

Quote Originally Posted by tobiasg1995 View Post
    I just did my 06 gmq and it's pretty straightforward. You will need the camber kit. Initial drop is like 1.5-2" over factory. My setup came with the spanner. I went close to 3" drop on mine

How much work was it dealing with the camber kit? Some people mentioned "grinding" or doing some other modification during the installation process of the RideTechs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    How much work was it dealing with the camber kit? Some people mentioned "grinding" or doing some other modification during the installation process of the RideTechs?
    you have to slot the crossmember to allow for the camber bolts to do their job. SPC has an install video on their website

https://www.spcalignment.com/index.p...tion&pid=87365

This is independent of the ridetechs, its required if you drop the car over 1". I had to do this back when I did my eaton detroit 1.5" drop springs, my black car which dropped 1" after I cut coils did not require the SPC bolts.

2063/3214

5377/7838

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    Not bad at all. You can use a die grinder or Dremel with a carbide bit. When you have the alignment done you can have them do it since it'll be on the rack anyway.

Thread Information