Thread: Marauder cranks but won't start

Marauder cranks but won't start

I Haven't driven my silver in a month. The battery was dead, so I charged it. Went out to start it, it cranked but would not turn over.
    Killed the battery again. So I looked here and found this post: D*** Fuel Pump Troubleshooting Guide.
    I had already checked the switch in the trunk, and the PATS was not flashing while cranking. I pulled up my black Marauder and set up the jumper cables. Then I did step 2: Fuel Pump Fuse. This is a 20A fuse in position 5 in the power distribution box in the engine compartment right behind the battery. In the past I have seen a fuse not work even though it didn't look blown so I swapped the #5 fuse with the 20A fuse
    in position #2. This fuse is for one of the power points so it won't keep the engine from starting if we wind up moving around a bad fuse. I cranked the engine, and it strarted right up. Thanks for the help.

Glad you were able to figure it out!
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

I had a similar problem about a year ago and it turned out to be the FPDM Fuel Pump Driver Module.

Cranked = Turned over

Wouldn’t start, fire, run, ETC.

J/K Glad you got it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

the turn over thing threw me too

in my experiences if it popped the fuel pump fuse more than likely the contacts at the fuel pump plug are corroded.

We had a NOPD marauder at the shop last year for some work and the next morning it wouldnt fire off. Wasnt getting any fuel. Cleaned the connector for the fuel pump and it fired right up.
    '03 Marauder 300A / Forged 11:1 Eaton @ 17 lbs - 87 Octane
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

Thread Information