"the coil spring is the main factor in ride height. As per Ford, if you look at a civilian base suspension crown vic or grand marquis (we're excluding HPP here), a P71 police car sits 1" higher than "stock" while a Marauder sits 1" lower than "stock". Putting in a pre-assembled coilover over meant for a civilian crown vic or grand marquis will undoubtedly raise the ride height up front.

If you want to do this the correct way, I'd return that seutp saying "wrong fit for my application" and buy the Marauder spec shocks from Ford."

This. ^^^. I just replaced my front coilovers about two months ago and I learned the hard way. I wanted to go OEM, but the MM coils are obsolete from Ford. I unknowingly bought the GMQ coilovers, thinking they were the same. After installation, I noticed the MM was sitting too high in the front. Even after the coils settled, the MM was sitting like a CV or GMQ about an 1" or 2" too high. I really like the MM "rake" with the front lower than the back. So you have to cut one coil to get it to the original MM front height like I did. Or go with your original coils, if they are still in good condition.