Thread: Wilwood brake kits

Wilwood brake kits

Hi everyone, who is running the front and rear wilwood kits? If so which caliper in the front are you running aero or fnsl6? Also is anyone running the 15" kit? Please post pics if possible. I'm looking into upgrading my 06 gmq brakes to the 14" kit and was thinking of the Aero fronts but wasn't sure what it would look like since the Aero calipers are much larger than the smaller bodied rear caliper kit.
    Thanks
    Toby

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tobiasg1995 View Post
    Hi everyone, who is running the front and rear wilwood kits? If so which caliper in the front are you running aero or fnsl6? Also is anyone running the 15" kit? Please post pics if possible. I'm looking into upgrading my 06 gmq brakes to the 14" kit and was thinking of the Aero fronts but wasn't sure what it would look like since the Aero calipers are much larger than the smaller bodied rear caliper kit.
    Thanks
    Toby

Contact Todd at TCE fro Wilwood info
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

The "Big Brake" kit Zack worked up is better than Wildwoods for Maintenance and last a lot longer. Was more impressed with it over 5 vehicles I drove with Wildwoods, all had short mileage before buildup on rotors. Had to redo rotors at less than 10K miles, some at less than 5K. "Big Brake" kit requires 18"or larger wheels.
    Bill
    03 Mercury Marauder, 300A
    SOLD
    2005 Lincoln Town Car, ADTR Supercharger, TCE Brake Lines, MO's Tune
    2022 Lincoln Aviator Reserve AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Black Terror View Post
    The "Big Brake" kit Zack worked up is better than Wildwoods for Maintenance and last a lot longer. Was more impressed with it over 5 vehicles I drove with Wildwoods, all had short mileage before buildup on rotors. Had to redo rotors at less than 10K miles, some at less than 5K. "Big Brake" kit requires 18"or larger wheels.
    That's good to know, thank you for the info. I'm running 19" gt500 wheels currently

I'm running TCE's original Big Brake Upgrade for the Marauder (front). Still using the original pads & rotors. Never had a problem with either. Has pulled my a$$ out of the fire more than once.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    I'm running TCE's original Big Brake Upgrade for the Marauder (front). Still using the original pads & rotors. Never had a problem with either. Has pulled my a$$ out of the fire more than once.
    Thank you for this info. I've reached out to Todd and got some more info. I'm on the fence on which wilwood either the Aero or super lite

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    I'm with fastblackmerc. I had the TCE 14 inch kit with 6-piston calipers professionally installed after seeing how easy it was to heat-fade the stock brakes. At the time, I had a 28 mile daily commute involving 7 stop lights where you had to go from 60 to 0. As it's true that I have a very heavy foot, occasionally I was going a little bit more than 60. You can just use your imagination. They are the best brakes on any car I have ever owned, bar none.

Rotor buildup could be a function of the choice of pads. I am running Hawk HPS compound pads on all 4 corners and have not seen that problem to date, with about 45 K on the brake upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelQualityMan View Post
    I'm with fastblackmerc. I had the TCE 14 inch kit with 6-piston calipers professionally installed after seeing how easy it was to heat-fade the stock brakes. At the time, I had a 28 mile daily commute involving 7 stop lights where you had to go from 60 to 0. As it's true that I have a very heavy foot, occasionally I was going a little bit more than 60. You can just use your imagination. They are the best brakes on any car I have ever owned, bar none.

Rotor buildup could be a function of the choice of pads. I am running Hawk HPS compound pads on all 4 corners and have not seen that problem to date, with about 45 K on the brake upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    This is great info, I think this has made me solidify my choice. I'll definitely be doing Wilwood then it is just deciding on which caliper I want to go with.
    Thank you to everyone that has responded. Have a great weekend
    Toby

Have anyone looked into doing the 2018 up mustang brakes or GT350 brakes on these cars. Since you have 19s, then go big... Most of us like to keep the oem wheels so we do the zack and jerry corvette brakes. I have wilwoods on one marauder, and baer on the other car,.. under oem wheels.
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    Have anyone looked into doing the 2018 up mustang brakes or GT350 brakes on these cars. Since you have 19s, then go big... Most of us like to keep the oem wheels so we do the zack and jerry corvette brakes. I have wilwoods on one marauder, and baer on the other car,.. under oem wheels.
    I have a mockup that I've been working on to use 2008 GT500 rotor and offsets and any caliper from 2005 up. The 2005-2018 mustang calipers all use the same bolt pattern and mounting offset (with different hat offsets) with the exception of the radial mount GT350 stuff. I'll try to do a thread on it once I have the IRS done. Definitely requires a 19" wheel or bigger.

I have the Zack Big brakes on both Marauders. Cost wise it is reasonable.
    I drive hard and the brakes don’t fade.
    I’ve also been able to replace the pads and not have to turn the rotors because they don’t warp. I use the Wagner Thermo quiets wish cost about $50 for fronts and $25 for rears. Very happy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information