Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highest sold prices for 2003-2004 Marauder

Highest sold prices for 2003-2004 Marauder

Greetings all,

I have a 2004 Marauder with 7000 original miles. All original including tires, belts, hoses, etc. Sunroof, CD changer and heated seats.

Just wondering what the highest sold prices members know of in the last few years.

Thanks,
    Fran

Highest I've seen is the 20K's. Most seem to sell in the teens. Beaters go for less.

Need more info. What color? Do you know the build #? All original tires, belts, hoses, etc on a 15 year old car sounds to me like "Needs tires, belts, hoses, etc". How's the paint? Interior? Also, keep in mind the higher prices some of these that have been sold at are due to big-time engine modifications and not because they are all original. It's possible you might get more money for it if you part it out...lol. Folks are always on the lookout for Marauder-specific parts as they are hard to come by these days.

One thing for sure, if you want to get the most possible $$$, this is the place to try and sell it...

Here is a 35k mile example, this is the closest I can think of as a recent example

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ry-marauder-8/

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post

One thing for sure, if you want to get the most possible $$$, this is the place to try and sell it...

This is not the place to sell it. Aside from like 3 dudes with cash to blow who collect marauders and marauder parts non stop, most people exist here because they already own a marauder. Also in this day and age, finding someone within the panther community to drop 20+ grand on a panther when the average panther retail price varies between 1500 and 6 grand, is a very tall order.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

put in on a quality site .IE hemmings . or many brokers will get 10 percent to 12 , to sell your car . if your not pressed for cash put it out for a high price and see what happens . after all a 7k 04 car should bring a good buck . as for how much ? let us knowwhat you get . good luck

I would be interested in the car for sale
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

I agree with Silver here, any original rubber after 15 years is likely going to be cracked to a point where they have to be changed before you can drive it. I then think about oil changes, battery, and all the stuff that gets moved/lubricated when it starts/runs and the fact that it has not been run much, makes me curious how everything else is under the hood. I would encourage you to have all that checked out before you try and sell it.

Now Silver says this is the place to sell it and Offroad says it is not. Mine will be coming up for sale shortly, and I will list here and elsewhere because I do not know where is the best place to list it. However, with a 16 year old, semi-collectable, low mileage car, you are going to have to list it multiple places or find someone to sell it for you.
    Previous
    2003 DPB 232 fo 328.

I would say that this used to be 'The' place to sell a low mileage Marauder.
    Its still a good place....if you have the luxury of time.
    I think that you could do better on BAT and other Collector Car sites because of the huge audience/exposure on them.
    That low of a mileage is a RARE find for Marauders.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Thanks for all of the input.

The car is #1210 of 1237 in black. #3155 of 3214 in 2004.

Just want to clarify my 'this is the best place to sell it' statement...

People that own a MM and/or on this site know the history of this car and that it's not just a 'glorified Crown Vic/MGM', so you might get 5-10% more from someone here than selling it elsewhere (and certainly more than at a car lot/dealership), especially if it is a low mileage MM.

Based on the info OP has provided, kbb.com says the car is worth $7.5k-$10.5k, depending on condition. (good vs very good vs excellent)

If OP were to take his car to several car lots/dealerships or just put up a local ad, it'd be interesting to see what kind of offers he'd get...

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    This is not the place to sell it. Aside from like 3 dudes with cash to blow who collect marauders and marauder parts non stop, most people exist here because they already own a marauder. Also in this day and age, finding someone within the panther community to drop 20+ grand on a panther when the average panther retail price varies between 1500 and 6 grand, is a very tall order.[/FONT]

Yes and no

I agree with you if this was just a run of the mill Marauder.. Higher mileage, maybe a supercharger, or other mods

But a mint condition Marauder with sub 10k miles gets into almost unicorn status, so in that aspect I would say this is the place to try and sell, since we are all aficionados of the vehicle and I would venture to guess there are a few members looking for a "Holy Grail" Marauder such as this.
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

KBB seriously underates all Marauder values.
    They must think it's a Grand Marquis.

Use Hagerty's valuation guide....much more accurate for Marauder values.
    They consider rarity and collectibility in the valuation of a car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    I would be interested in the car for sale
    Turbov6Bryan,
    I am having a hell of a time with this web site - typing and trying to send PMs. Skipped keystrokes and unsent messages. Just wasted 30 min trying to get back to you. I think you have my #, please text me.
    Fran

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Here is a 35k mile example, this is the closest I can think of as a recent example

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ry-marauder-8/

This is not the place to sell it. Aside from like 3 dudes with cash to blow who collect marauders and marauder parts non stop, most people exist here because they already own a marauder. Also in this day and age, finding someone within the panther community to drop 20+ grand on a panther when the average panther retail price varies between 1500 and 6 grand, is a very tall order.
    Yeah I bought that one lol, definitely worth it with all the documentation.
    2003 300B Mercury Marauder
    Built 01/22/03
    Purchased 01/29/20
    68,xxx miles

July 12, 2023 - 68,203 Miles - RIP original engine

October 31, 2023 - Rebuilt engine installed

Modifications/Stuff I have done on the car:
    Engine:
    rebuilt stock; slightly overbore. Original 68k mile heads, new OEM Ford performance timing kit, Terminator Cobra Oil Pump, Billet Steel oil pump gears, ARP head studs, main cap studs, and side bolts. The latter ARP stuff for future endeavors.
    Transmission:
    Thor 2800-3000 Stall Converter
    Suspension:
    ADTR Front + Rear Sway Bars
    Metco Billet Watts Link
    Metco Billet Rear Control Arms
    Cosmetic:
    1998-2003 Amber tail lamp conversion - Painted and smoked to near-OEM spec.
    HID Projector Headlamp Retrofit
    OEM Mercury Mountaineer Hitch Cover
    Front in-channel rain guards
    Other Stuff:
    4-pin trailer harness
    Class III Tow Hitch
    Cadillac 4-note horns
    Hayden 679 Transmission Cooler
    Obligatory Marty Tune

Highest sold prices for 2003-2004 Marauder

The car is worth 20-25k, as long as it’s mint.

The real issue is finding people with loose money right now, banks won’t loan on that car for that money. So it will need to be a cash buyer or go through a broker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Spectragod; 07-24-2020 at 06:43 AM.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information