Thread: I need to replace front sway bar bushing

Blog Entries

I need to replace front sway bar bushing

I have used moog everything else but they show different part numbers for different size front sways. On the rear I was thinking about going with the addco 1" rear sway bar since it comes with links and bushings has anyone used that part?
    im torn between the metco rear control arms which are a lot more than new moog parts.....is that extra $350 worth it if you don't drag or push it very hard?

Yes, metco worth it. Stock are stamped flimsy, metco arms and watts link are worth it. Try energy suspension for front bushings..Addco bars can be hard to get as they don't run them very often so unless Summit or someone verified they have in stock. Try ADTR.net for their sway bars. Also have their own rear arms
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    I have used moog everything else but they show different part numbers for different size front sways. On the rear I was thinking about going with the addco 1" rear sway bar since it comes with links and bushings has anyone used that part?
    im torn between the metco rear control arms which are a lot more than new moog parts.....is that extra $350 worth it if you don't drag or push it very hard?
    Metco rear sway bars are definitely worth it. Also look at getting the Metco Watts link.

Here are the part numbers for various suspension parts:

Sway Bars – Addco
    Front – 2196 (1.25” diameter) - Solid
    Rear – 650 (1” diameter) – Solid
    Front – 2272 – Hollow
    Rear – 2271 - Hollow

Greaseable Sway Bar Bushings - Energy Suspensions to fit Addco sway bars:

Front – 9.5165 or 9.5172
    Rear – 9.5161

Front Sway Bar End links:
    Moog - K80140 - greasable

I also have a post on how to modify the Energy Suspension rear greasable bushing on the rear.

When you do the Addco sway bars (frt & rear), Metco rear control arms & Watts link your Marauder will handle like a slot car going through turns.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I just bought these for my Addco front sway bar.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The addco bars have a crap "powdercoat finish", crap hardware, and addco has crap customer support. The bars that ADTR sell are manufactured by Eibach which is a MUCH larger and better known suspension company. My addco bars on my red car are basically laying on the tie rods and used to contact the control arm til I clearanced them a bit. Even after raising the car up 1/2" they're still basically resting on the tie rods. I'll be pulling them off at some point to replace with the ADTR bars, just hasn't been a priority since the car hasn't moved off the lift much since Sept 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Yes, metco worth it. Stock are stamped flimsy, metco arms and watts link are worth it. Try energy suspension for front bushings..Addco bars can be hard to get as they don't run them very often so unless Summit or someone verified they have in stock. Try ADTR.net for their sway bars. Also have their own rear arms
    The Heinous arms are also made by Metco (the very first set weren't but that was almost a decade ago). Can save money and get the same performance as compared to the Metco branded arms.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Thread Information