Thread: Metco’s awesome, but you already know that..

Metco’s awesome, but you already know that..

So a few years ago I had to replace all my bushings in my control arms as they were egg shaped and cracked. Well that last set only lasted about a third of the mileage of the first (roughly 15,000 miles).

I called up Rick and we discussed using graphite bushings on the uppers as those are the ones taking the biggest hit on our cars apparently as my lowers were still perfect this time. The combination of high HP and the instant shock of a manual really puts a hurt to these as you can see in the picture and this set has seen a lot of changes to the car as opposed to the first set with pretty much just a Trilogy.

Keep in mind I rarely do burnouts anymore plus my rear tires have been all but bald for half that mileage and zero racing. It’s just the hard hit they take from day to day use. You can see they were starting to wear into the billet they were so worn.

These graphite ones are pretty much bullet proof hockey pucks LOL Plus I guess they come with free squeaking included at no extra charge and create an even rougher ride. Awesome. At least they should hold up!

Anyways Rick had them out the door the second he hung up with me and I had them two days later! I’ve met him and Kristi once and spoken over the phone with both of them a handful of times and they’ve always had the answers and the products to get me going again.

Thanks Rick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Sure they're not just the impressions caused by the rear end being unsupported while hanging in the air for years?

PS Hope that's grease, not poo on those fingers plumber Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Sure they're not just the impressions caused by the rear end being unsupported while hanging in the air for years?

PS Hope that's grease, not poo on those fingers plumber Bob.
    Well I guess hanging out five months a year on a 2 post does add up to “years” LOL.

That’s actually my toe.

Kidding.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Justbob , I just tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. Could you pm me? I have a few questions, Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well first impressions of the graphite bushings...

They SUCK! Anyways no common squeaks associated with these yet but the ride quality went from pretty crappy to just plain stupid.

It feels like I tightened them down until crushed or the air ride is all the way down and broke. No kidding, ZERO give. It has the feel of a lowered import you see the drivers bouncing around in, but obviously nowhere near THAT rigid, just bad.

I normally get used to annoying things and just write them off, cars, parts, people, doesn’t matter. But I was kind of annoyed by the ride before so not too sure if I’ll “get used to it”. We shall see.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Why not invest in a set of ridetechs front and rear? Best mod I ever did to my car, the ride quality is far and beyond anything you'll get with the limited spring/shock options these cars have.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Do you still have your stock sway bars? For years I had my car stock 'cuse I liked the stylin' ride. Ms D's car has the Addco's and Che CA's and her car is to harsh for me anywhere but the smoothest highways. I finally broke down a couple of years ago and bought some CHE CA's, but still have the stock sway bars. Not quite as rough as her car, but I do notice the bumps more now. Try putting the stock sway bars back on and see if that helps. Che uses Delrin bushings. As I recall the are a really hard plastic material. Guess you can always go back to rubber.

I had solid aluminum bushings on a set of Wolfe Racecraft lowers on my turbo regal. Felt like there was no give. I went with metco lowers and ate a bushing too. The ride was quality with actual rubber bushings.

Just go back with rubber and change em every couple years.
    Rick and his wife sent me free bushings. Great people!!
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

I took a longer drive today and it seems tolerable especially over wavy bumpy concrete roads go figure. It seems to be more of a nuisance on the smaller bumps.

I had thought about the Ridetech kit but the sheer thought of throwing away more money on this car makes me sick to the stomach considering the amount it’s seen over the years..

Might be that time to actually put up that for sale add and quit talking about it LOL

SOLD 12/31/2021

Sit on it a couple more years, between panthers getting more popular due to youtubers doing dumb **** with P71's and the increasing value of box body panthers, sit on your car a couple more years and you can potentially sell it for a price that you won't totally lose your ass on. If you posted it on the Marauder Buy/Sell/Trade group today you'd get offers for 6 grand or trade for a 230k mile P71.

Check out what the most recent two box body wagons sold for

https://bringatrailer.com/search/colony+park/

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Metco’s awesome, but you already know that..

Ryan it’ll take me a couple of years to write the add. I spent my whole life in a rush. Besides work, I’m not too much in a hurry these days.

On a good note, I don’t think it’s possible to achieve much body roll around turns anymore. Like any actually.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Try the stock sway bars

I’m not sure if it will help, but maybe upgrade to the Metco Watts Link.
    300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Webasto Aftermarket Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints
    Fresh Black Paint & PVD Chrome

Stainless Works Headers & Full Cat Mandrel Exhaust System w/Magnaflow 11229 Mufflers, Martyo Tune & Coolant Mod, Steeda UDP, Stewart WP, JLT CAI & Catch Can, J-Mod, UHaul Pan, Rebuild 4R70W, Dynotech 4' 6061, Forced Lube Mod, 31 Ford Spline Axles, 31 Cobra Carrier w/CF Clutchs, Ford Racing 4.10, TA Girdle & Stud Kit, Carfixer Alignment & SPC Camber Bolts, Ridetech HQ Front Coilovers w/ADTR extended bracket & ADTR Rear HQ Shocks, Arnott P2936 A/C & A-2220 Bags, Gorilla Lock, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Tires, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link, Addco F/R Sway Bars, SS Brake Lines, AutoMeter Digital Oil & Volt Gauge, Full VLED Interior/Exterior, Alpine ILX-507, PKG-M780 Headrest Monitors, MRP-F300, R-S65C.2 & R-S68 Speakers, HCE-C1100 & KTX-C10LP Camera System, Viper DS4 & DSM550 GPS SmartStart System, Yellow Optima, BIG III & 200 Amps Alt

Thread Information