Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 meet up?

2020 meet up?

After a short discussion on Facebook with Charles Gallion about CAM, I was wondering if there is any interest in a meet up this year (I know I missed Carlisle). I’m a relatively new owner and have only ever met one other owner (Mark White). I realize COVID-19 has everything messed up, but maybe an outdoor “cars and coffee” type meeting where people can be socially distant and wear masks? Possibly a restaurant that serves outdoors? I don’t know, I’m shooting from the hip here. Anyways, I thought I would put it out there. Now I just have to remember to check this thread, because I rarely log on here. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Propose a date, time, and location. Maybe mid-to-late September or so. Then post a poll to gauge interest. Maybe we can stir up some interest from the Old Guard and some of the New Guard. Keep pushing John !!
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

I'd be interested!
    It would be great to see some of my old CAM friends!

Don't have the Marauder anymore, but I could take the 427 Cobra and 'stretch her legs'....especially with cooler Fall weather.

Might I suggest Guinness Open Gate Brewery?
    It is about 10 minutes west of BWI Airport in Halethorpe, Md.
    They have a very big parking lot and also have a separate auxillary parking lot that hardly gets used.
    There is LOTS of open outdoor seating with plenty of social spacing and a 'numbered tables-order by phone app' so you never have to flag down a waiter to order food or to order another beer.
    Food and 'beverages' are excellent and the 'order by phone' feature is GREAT!.....fast service.

Marianne and I were just over there on Saturday with a few friends and witnessed an awesome sunset!!

Unfortunately, I don't think that they are doing any Brewery Tours right now....but I will check with them.

Last edited by Joe Walsh; 08-26-2020 at 05:13 AM.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

I'm still on the east coast so a CAM meet up would be cool. Lots of breweries here in VA are open for business and can handle parking for our cars
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

The Guinness place looks awesome. I’ve never been there and this would be a great reason to go. I’m ok with VA too as that’s where I’m from, but I agree we should just pick a date and see if this thread picks up steam. How does Saturday September 26 at 2pm sound with the place TBD (for now)? It was suggest to post a pole, but I don’t know how to do that.

I'll be back in Seattle before the 26th of September but if anyone wants to do a micro meet up this weekend, I'd be down. I know it's last minute but hey..

Maybe ask Charlie/Bluerauder about setting up a poll.
    ( I don't know how)
    I'd suggest asking everyone to vote on 2 different weekends/4 days and pick the one with the best 'expected' turnout.
    Weekend of September 19th/20th & 26th/27th probably the best as we are a month out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Joe Walsh; 08-25-2020 at 05:36 PM.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by john84cdv View Post
    The Guinness place looks awesome. I’ve never been there and this would be a great reason to go. I’m ok with VA too as that’s where I’m from, but I agree we should just pick a date and see if this thread picks up steam. How does Saturday September 26 at 2pm sound with the place TBD (for now)? It was suggest to post a pole, but I don’t know how to do that.

Where in Virginia are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by Mebot View Post
    Where in Virginia are you located?
    Annandale. How about you?

Annandale. How about you?

Berryville staying with my folks. Maybe we try and meet up halfway. I'll be at Vanish brewery on Sunday in Leesburg. I'll have my dad's blue Marauder

Berryville staying with my folks. Maybe we try and meet up halfway. I'll be at Vanish brewery on Sunday in Leesburg. I'll have my dad's blue Marauder
    I would normally be going to Dulles cars and coffee on Sunday which could be a good spot to meet, but I’m not sure I’ll have my car. It’s currently at Pro Speed in Chantilly getting Ride Techs, sway bars, control arms, watts link, 4.10s and a Detroit True Trac. It’s possible it will be done by Friday. I’ll let you know.

I would normally be going to Dulles cars and coffee on Sunday which could be a good spot to meet, but I’m not sure I’ll have my car. It’s currently at Pro Speed in Chantilly getting Ride Techs, sway bars, control arms, watts link, 4.10s and a Detroit True Trac. It’s possible it will be done by Friday. I’ll let you know.

Quite a laundry list! Good luck on getting everything installed. Most of that stuff can be installed in a day if you know what you're doing

Also regardless of whether you have your Marauder or not, one thing I've learned over the years is that the community is what makes it. We have had meet ups and micro meets where no one had their Marauders but still had a good time regardless

WARNING! Thread Derail: Mr Mebot, say hi to your folks & tell them I miss seeing them.

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12
    CME HP Rear Control Arms & Watts Link 7/1/12
    ______________________________ ________________

Rex "SC Cheesehead" Weinbender 11-14-13
    Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum 8-6-2014

Quite a laundry list! Good luck on getting everything installed. Most of that stuff can be installed in a day if you know what you're doing

Also regardless of whether you have your Marauder or not, one thing I've learned over the years is that the community is what makes it. We have had meet ups and micro meets where no one had their Marauders but still had a good time regardless
    I sent you a PM. So not to clog this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MyBlackBeasts View Post
    WARNING! Thread Derail: Mr Mebot, say hi to your folks & tell them I miss seeing them.
    Hey whats up Bill long time no talk! Hope all is well! I told my folks hello from you and they hello back! We'll need to have an epic Marauderville/Louisville meet up once this Covid crisis is over.

Marauderville Seattle 2021???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information