Thread: Couple musings about detailing

Couple musings about detailing

So I've been taking the last couple days to do a reasonably detailed detail on the JPB. I've been using Mother's products and have been happy with the results. Sure wish I had a lift for this project.
    Got down on the ground to do under the doors (not so easy as it used to be when I was younger)and found little snap-in covers for the weep holes(all four doors). I pulled them out and cleaned as much gunk out as I could. You might want to see if your car has them and pull them out to see what's going on. I think I recall the '04's having little trap doors that don't really work, some IIRC were even taped shut. As I was laying on my back cleaning under the front door I loosened some dirt that was clogging the weep holes in the rubber door molding, got my self a short unwanted shower. Check your holes peeps!! Also found while I was down there the factory did a crap job of putting paint on the door, lots of bare primer under there, thankfully no real appreciable rust. I was wondering if there is a spray product that will dissolve dirt from tiny crevice's without any further process? I found a junky paint brush sprayed with detail cleaner worked OK, but still need to get in deep to some of the areas only Reed Richards could reach(look him up).

So aside from struggling to get into the tight spaces with hands that are to large I now only have to do the interior glass and wipe down the leather with conditioner.

Then to wrap it up I'll put the stock tune back in, run through inspection next week, drive across the street from said inspection and put the performance tune back in and Bob's your Uncle.

Check my holes for muddy water. Check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Yep, just cleaned, waxed and rotated the rims/tires on the Fusion.....its getting harder and harder to stand up after bolting on the wheels!

(BTW: The torque spec for the Fusion Sport lug nuts is 150 Lb/Ft!....that's more torque than almost any Honda makes.... )
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    Yep, just cleaned, waxed and rotated the rims/tires on the Fusion.....its getting harder and harder to stand up after bolting on the wheels!

(BTW: The torque spec for the Fusion Sport lug nuts is 150 Lb/Ft!....that's more torque than almost any Honda makes.... )
    Same torque on the F150 nuts.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Same torque on the F150 nuts.
    Yup! Exactly my first thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thread Information