Thread: Trilogy Supercharged Cars in California

Trilogy Supercharged Cars in California

Good afternoon. I have a question for the group that may be best answered by anyone having success registering a trilogy super charger equipped Marauder in California. I am interested in buying a model so equipped but the California air resources board apparently only approves one aftermarket supercharger, and it is not the trilogy one. This brings me to the question. Trilogy super charger equipped cars can still have a California emissions sticker under the hood. Does this mean that California will accept them for registration in the state or is this one of those issues were depends on the mood and disposition of the clerk at DMV? Was the trilogy super charger added onto the Marauder during its actual build or was it sent somewhere after the build for the supercharger to be added?

I believe if the car is registered in another state, then it can be registered in California if brought in. It must still pass the regular smog test with all monitors on. Most tunes turn the monitors off. That is where your problem will lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Good afternoon. I have a question for the group that may be best answered by anyone having success registering a trilogy super charger equipped Marauder in California. I am interested in buying a model so equipped but the California air resources board apparently only approves one aftermarket supercharger, and it is not the trilogy one. This brings me to the question. Trilogy super charger equipped cars can still have a California emissions sticker under the hood. Does this mean that California will accept them for registration in the state or is this one of those issues were depends on the mood and disposition of the clerk at DMV? Was the trilogy super charger added onto the Marauder during its actual build or was it sent somewhere after the build for the supercharger to be added?
    Trilogy was not factory, it was an aftermarket add on by the owner or any shop the owner wanted to use.

Good luck dealing with the communist state of Cali...

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12
    CME HP Rear Control Arms & Watts Link 7/1/12
    ______________________________ ________________

Rex "SC Cheesehead" Weinbender 11-14-13
    Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum 8-6-2014

Hello, I just went through this situation myself and know a couple of people with trilogy superchargers in CA. First off, it is not legal to own a trilogy supercharged marauder in the state of CA (unless it is a track only car) because the Trilogy supercharger did not get CARB (california air resource board) approval. I don't know if the clerk at the DMV would fail the car since I just go to AAA when I get a new car, but the person doing the smog check will the moment they pop the hood and see the non CARB approved supercharger sitting on top the engine (the visual portion of the test). The only reason why there are 2 trilogy superchargers left in SoCal (to my knowledge) is because one owner owns a huge automotive manufacturing firm and the other owner "knows a guy". There was a third one but that failed smog too many times and was then sold to someone out of state. The only superchargers that are CA legal are Vortech and maybe Procharger (I believe each company has a CA legal section). Chris at ADTR has a supercharger system for these cars that uses the Vortech blower. Tell him Joseph sent you if you decide to contact him.
    Last edited by JVD; 10-23-2020 at 01:04 PM.
    2004 Mercury Marauder, Black
    2008 Crown Victoria P71, Silver
    2010 Crown Victoria P7B, Black
    2010 Crown Victoria P7B, White

Thread Information