Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Option for Selling

Best Option for Selling

So I have a '03 Marauder. Got it from a small dealership out in western PA. I'm looking to sell it now, I've had my fun with it and I want to go back to an SUV. How do you guys recommend I go about selling it? As in the best platform to sell it on(i.e. Facebook marketplace, Craigslist). Not that I would sell something like this on Craigslist. I appreciate any response guys. Thank you.
    Last edited by black03; 10-17-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Put it up here. Let's see some pics and a price.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    03 Black MM: Trilogy #19, Build Date 04/02/03 #7113
    03 SB MM: Lidio Tune/JLT CAI DD Build Date 04/02/03 #7114

I’m not sure I’d post it here now that you’ve mentioned only owning it a month and had your fun with it at a 1,000 miles/week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I’ll offer the obligatory $8, cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Just trade it in on an suv, easy peasy....
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Problem is, the dealership only wants to give me $2500 for a trade in, far below what my car is worth

why do you say that?

I'll clean it up and post some pics tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by black03 View Post
    Problem is, the dealership only wants to give me $2500 for a trade in, far below what my car is worth
    A lot of variables come into play on trade ins. Trading in for a new or used car? Is there a tax advantage in your state? It may be a wash if those are in play.

Otherwise I’d ask did you buy the car as an investment? Because generally you loose money when selling, unless your marauder has 10k on it and it’s impeccable.

Or, you could always try another dealer, just to see if they are in the same ballpark as the other.

Gotta agree with Bob, 4K miles in a month would make flags pop up for me too.

My $8 offer is still valid

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Quote Originally Posted by black03 View Post
    So I have a '03 Marauder that I purchased a little over a month ago with 80k on it, it has 84k on it now. Got it from a small dealership out in western PA. I'm looking to sell it now, I've had my fun with it and I want to go back to an SUV. How do you guys recommend I go about selling it? As in the best platform to sell it on(i.e. Facebook marketplace, Craigslist). Not that I would sell something like this on Craigslist. I appreciate any response guys. Thank you.
    . I don't see anything wrong with Craigslist I've sold several Marauder that way. it's not worse than Facebook OfferUp Five Mile and all the other ridiculous sites out there. people are still people! Lol if you want to sell it that way post it on all of them. you're going to get the same low ballers on OfferUp and Facebook Market that you're going to get on Craigslist. at least with Craigslist put a phone number up so they can call you. unless you want to be messaging all day on your phone. all those other car for sale apps I think are a big joke. Lastly why would you buy a car for one month for that kind of money just to turn around and sell it? Did you hot rod it and possibly mess something up now you want to sell. Its very suspicious of how short of a time You owned it and why You already want to sell.

Kind of sounds like that guy on Youtube that kept posting videos where he drove all the way to Georgia or FLorida or somewhere from Oklahoma to buy a Marauder. Drove it all the way back home, had a flat tire. Kept talking about how great a car it was. When he got home, had it painted at Maaco just to decide that he has too many cars and then shortly, like a month after buying it, put it up for sale again.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    Kind of sounds like that guy on Youtube that kept posting videos where he drove all the way to Georgia or FLorida or somewhere from Oklahoma to buy a Marauder. Drove it all the way back home, had a flat tire. Kept talking about how great a car it was. When he got home, had it painted at Maaco just to decide that he has too many cars and then shortly, like a month after buying it, put it up for sale again.
    Auto auction rebuilds(Randy), he goes through a lot of cars

literally nothing wrong with it, I just don't want it anymore and I want to go back driving an SUV. I replaced the steering rack because of a power steering fluid leak. There are no issues with the car whatsoever. Sounds suspicious, but I'm not that kind of guy to screw someone over like that

literally nothing wrong with it, I just don't want it anymore and I want to go back driving an SUV. I replaced the steering rack because of a power steering fluid leak. There are no issues with the car whatsoever. Sounds suspicious, but I'm not that kind of guy to screw someone over like that

Well done my friend, well done. Made me smile!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information