Thread: Jflave back at the strip

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jflave back at the strip

Decided to head out to MIR today with JFlave's Vortech car. Day started like poo... on the way to the track the RV blew a coolant line. So we had to loop it on the side of the road. I had a hose butt connector so we got it fixed and waited for a buddy to bring some water.

Got to the track about an hour late and they were already in 2nd session. Got the car unloaded and thru tech. By then more cars showed up and it started moving slow with breakage. So we had to wait about 1.5 hrs for 3rd session. Got the car wiped down in the mean time. Thru the race tune in it that I hoped would work. Car hasnt been on track in 3 years.

Got up there for the 1st pass. Got staged and took off. Track was on point and she hooked up well. We mossied on down the track with no drama. Didnt feel like a super but was surprised with a 10.019 at 138! Cars previous best was a 10.08 at SSHS 2017. So the goal of running a 9 was on the table!
    https://youtu.be/iV_2UakidaQ

Got back to the trailer and looked at the log. Everything looked great. 2-3 shift was a little short. So i went in the tune and tweaked that, leaned it out a little and adjusted the act spark retard. Loaded up the tune and started to wait for the call back to the lanes. 4pm rolled around track was silent for a cleanup and i was starting to worry we wouldn't get another pass. Track was set to close at 6pm and it was 3.5hrs since our 1st pass. Lots of track cleanup going on and the previous weekend was the same way and we only got 3 sessions then.

Right as I was thinking we wouldn't get another pass they come on the PA and say they are firing the cars up! We have hope for another pass! A few cars go down the track and they call our class up! We hop in the car quick to get to the front of the lanes. Half hour later and we are suiting up! Pull up to the water box and do the burnout. Get staged, bring her up on the 2 step and take off. She hooks again and we are off. Heading down the track with no drama and go thru the finish. Didnt feel fast again the loose converter really softens the shifts. Pull up to the booth grab the ticket and take a peek. WE DID IT! SNUCK IN A 9 IN 2 RUNS! After a 3 year hiatus.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXTYyAedHOA
    https://youtu.be/LLY38cOwI04

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blown3.8; 11-30-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    ~Chris

Thread Information